Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Mini & XFCE4 & Composite -> Yellow Firefox?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FearlessSpiff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Mini & XFCE4 & Composite -> Yellow Firefox? Reply with quote

Am i the only one getting a yellow shadow and yellow menus in firefox, when enabling composite in Xfce4? Else everyting would work: shadows, transset, etc. Can somebody confirm the yellow firefox problem or do i have a problem here?
DrZoidberg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of xorg are you running? I have the stable ppc one and transparency+shadows = slow/crash,crash,crash
for me.

If your mileage is anything like mine, yellow Firefox windows will be the least of your worries. 8O
FearlessSpiff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at home at the moment, but i think the xorg version isn't the problem. It's the latest stable one.
You have to enable direct rendering. Then it won't be slow anymore. There are a lot of how-tos how to enable it.
quatsch
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at my apple computers but I can tell you that I have xfce4 with composite manager enabled running fine on both a 12in powerbook G4 1.33GHz and a 12in ibook 1.2GHz. I have seen those yellow things the first time I started up xfce4 but I haven't seen them in a while.

One thing is that I don't use Xfce4's composite manager. Instead I use xcompmgr. You can disable xfce4's composite manager with an option for xfwm4 - just kill it from inside a terminal window and then restart it with composite disabled, save the session and from next time on, xfwm4 will have the composite manager disabled. I forget what the option is called but I think you can get a list of options with xfwm4 --help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: