BTTV + Gentoo-Sources 2.4.28 r9 + LM_Sensors
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinnieNZ
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: BTTV + Gentoo-Sources 2.4.28 r9 + LM_Sensors Reply with quote

I've stuck this in here because it somewhat transcends several forums:

Here's an interesting problem - I'm sure there's a way around this but I can't think of one right now.

I've just upgraded to 2.4.28 kernel and am trying to work this little problem out:

I have a bttv compatible card which requires that I2C and Bit Banging interface is enabled in the kernel - I can do that not a problem.
But this machine is remote and I would like to monitor the temperature of it as it can get quite hot in summer - so I want to install the lm_sensors package (portage says v2.9.1), which requires me to have CONFIG_I2C disabled in the kernel.

How the heck can I get both of these working?

They used to work fine on the old kernel (2.4.20) and old lm_sensors (2.8.7 - which I can't install anymore even though I still have the ebuild).

Is there a simple solution that I've missed? I searched for bttv in the forums and couldn't find anything and lm_sensors in bugs.gentoo.org without success.

Cheers for any help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: