Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkey89
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisWhite wrote:
Ok, this is going to be REALLY long.. but here we go. The keys are as follows:

cnt = cannot test. In this case I simply don't have the hardware/software to test it (or I don't want to install the software ;p)
tcn = test case needed. In this case I have no clue whatsoever on how to test this package
? = haven't had a chance to test it yet
good = take a guess ;p

http://dev.gentoo.org/~chriswhite/kde_list.txt

You need a test case for kmailcvt? That's the kmail importer (I'm 90% sure), so try importing a mailbox in kmail.
cocoliso
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kde terminal sessions applet isnt working any ideas?
DocterD
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img:ec0ebefbfd]http://home.arcor.de/collinso/Screenshots/bug.jpg[/img:ec0ebefbfd]

how can i get rid of this thing while loading a app?
revoohc
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Any word on gentopia? Reply with quote

Anyone have any insight into the http://gentopia.gentooexperimental.org/ website? Everytime I try to go there to see about geting 3.5 beta1 on my x86 machine, I'm getting a http 500 error. Is there anywhere else to get these ebuilds?
aitch
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still having tons of trouble getting this 3.5 install off the ground.
I've managed to emerge dbus 0.36.2, but only with a -qt flag, which then renders K3B inoperational.
after this, a friend reccommended a emerge -Duva world, which dragged up about 200 updates that I dutifully tried to install.
with 111 to go, I realised it was trying to downgrade both dbus and hal to the older, unmasked versions.
so now I'm screwed. somewhere in all those updates something broke amaroK, so it gives me this error and won't start.
Code:
\amarokapp: error while loading shared libraries: libFLAC.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ugh.
so I'm really lost. should this be in a seperate topic? it -is- related to KDE 3.5, but I know it's not totally on-topic.
any help would be much appreciated, as I'm having to use XMMS and it hurts me. physically.

-edit- it should also be mentioned that when I -did- actually try to downgrade dbus the emerge failed, with this error..
Code:
connection.moc:12:2: #error "The header file 'connection.h' doesn't include <QObject>."
In file included from connection.cpp:168:
connection.moc:47: error: `const QMetaObject DBusQt::Connection::staticMetaObject' is not a static member of `class DBusQt::Connection'
connection.moc:47: error: variable `const QMetaObject DBusQt::Connection::staticMetaObject' has initializer but incomplete type
connection.moc:53: error: prototype for `const QMetaObject* DBusQt::Connection::metaObject() const' does not match any in class `DBusQt::Connection'
connection.h:40: error: candidate is: virtual QMetaObject* DBusQt::Connection::metaObject() const
connection.moc:53: error: `const QMetaObject* DBusQt::Connection::metaObject() const' and `virtual QMetaObject* DBusQt::Connection::metaObject() const' cannot be overloaded
connection.moc: In member function `const QMetaObject* DBusQt::Connection::metaObject() const':
connection.moc:54: error: cannot convert `QMetaObject*(*)()' to `const QMetaObject*' in return
connection.moc: At global scope:
connection.moc:58: error: no `void* DBusQt::Connection::qt_metacast(const char*)' member function declared in class `DBusQt::Connection'
connection.moc: In member function `void* DBusQt::Connection::qt_metacast(const char*)':
connection.moc:62: error: `qt_metacast' is not a member of `QObject'
connection.moc: At global scope:
connection.moc:65: error: `int DBusQt::Connection::qt_metacall' is not a static member of `class DBusQt::Connection'
connection.moc:65: error: incomplete type `QMetaObject' used in nested name specifier
connection.moc:65: error: expected primary-expression before "int"
connection.moc:65: error: expected primary-expression before "void"
connection.moc:66: error: initializer expression list treated as compound expression
connection.moc:66: error: expected `,' or `;' before '{' token
make[2]: *** [connection.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dbus-0.23.4-r1/work/dbus-0.23.4/qt'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dbus-0.23.4-r1/work/dbus-0.23.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

which is what I get when I try to compile dbus with qt support. at all.
ugh.
aitch
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, I'm a retard.
I had QT4 installed, so it was trying to compile everything for that.
I just wonder how long I've been breaking all my QT apps...
- _-;
any help with the amarok problem would be good, though.
bernieb
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: no flac in 3.5beta1? Reply with quote

I installed kde-3.5beta and had been pretty happy with it until I decided to run juk and noticed that my flac
files no longer played. I doubled checked my USE variables, and it is still there. . .
Quote:

USE="amd64 X a52 aac aalib aim alsa apache2 arts avi bash berkdb bitmap-fonts cdparanoia cdr crypt cups curl dba doc dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss encode fam fbcon flac foomaticdb fortran gd gif gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 ieee1394 imagemagick imlib ipv6 java jpeg kde libcaca libwww lm_sensors lzw lzw-tiff mad motif mp3 mpeg mysql nas ncurses network nls ogg openal opengl pam pda pdflib perl php png python qt quicktime readline samba sasl sdl softmmu spell ssl tcpd tetex theora tiff truetype-fonts type1-fonts usb userlocales vcd vorbis xinerama xml xml2 xpm xscreensaver xv xvid zlib userland_GNU kernel_linux elibc_glibc"

Is this a kde bug where they forgot to include it in the beta or is this an ebuild problem? I didn't use the ebuilds in
gentopia, I just took the ones in the portage tree and unmasked them.

Anyone else notice this problem? Thanks.
cato`
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I emerge every 3.5-beta1 package that are now installed for 3.4.2?
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, remove any line into /etc/portage/package.keywords and in package.unmask that starts with "kde-base" (this is to keep the thing clean, backup the file before, just in case).

Then do:
Code:

cd /usr/portage
for package in kde-base/*; do echo "$package ~amd64 ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords; done
for package in kde-base/*; do echo "$package" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask; done
emerge -puDv world

The last command shold report that all the kde-base package are going to be updated to 3.5_beta1. If there is some error regarding a package that is needed, just add a line for it into /etc/portage/package.keywords manually. I remmember that there are a need to unmask some more packages, like python, hal, dbus and poppler.
pwe
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is worth to install?? maybe wait? haw many peaople have with beta1 problams?

thanks

IM amd64 user
Headrush
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwe wrote:

thanks

IM amd64 user

I switched totally over to 3.5 alpha and now 3.5 beta1 and have yet to have any noticeable problems yet. (Knock on wood)
eqxro
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headrush wrote:
pwe wrote:

thanks

IM amd64 user

I switched totally over to 3.5 alpha and now 3.5 beta1 and have yet to have any noticeable problems yet. (Knock on wood)

I agree to Headrush. I'm running the 64-bit gentoo here (~amd64) so I can say this from my experience that it's worth the trouble. I've gone the kdesvn-build way, not the .ebuild way, so right now I'm updating my kde from svn each 2 days... Some apps (irrelevant for me) failed to compile due to amd64 arch (some extragear/playground stuff).

I've been using KDE 3.5 long time before the beta... even before the first alpha stage actually. kdesvn-build allowed me to quickly update between versions, only recompiling what got updated... The down side: you need 10 gigs for this. The sources are roughly 1.6 gigs and the rest are the generated object files.

Bottom line: yup, it's worth every CPU tick :D
pwe
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep on kde-3.5_beta1 now :) everything is OK, but : Polish translation is not finished - 4/5 is polish, rest english
eqxro
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, nobody is perfect and translations will continue as far as I know (there's a string freeze so l10n will have time to catch up if I understood everything right)... 4/5 is better than not at all anywayz :D
seppelrockt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with juk or maybe akode: I use gstreamer (no arts) and the ogg playback is messed up. Sound's like it is way to fast maybe and just noice! Is it right to use akode 2.0beta for the 3.5beta1 juk or do I need akode at all?

EDIT: I use the 3.5_beta1 split ebuilds from portage and it seems not to be gstreamer issue since juk-3.4.1 works great with gstreamer.
cato`
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And when we have 3.5 up and running, how do we remove the old unused 3.4.2 kde-programs?
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cato` wrote:
And when we have 3.5 up and running, how do we remove the old unused 3.4.2 kde-programs?

Code:

emerge -Ca /var/db/pkg/kde-base/*-3.4.*

Be aware that when you do that your apps that were built against 3.4 (like k3b, digikam, amarok) will need to be re-emerged. A revdep-rebuild should find those broken apps though.
Thegreatone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used your line to remove 3.4, but i do an

Code:
emerge -vuDp world

the system wanna reinstall 3.4

Thx

Luca
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the dependencies from the other apps linked to kde. Use a 'emerge world -vauDt ' and see what it shows as pulling in 3.4. The -t is --tree.

Whatever you find either remove it (if it's not needed) or revdep-rebuild to fix.
Naveg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to do a basic install i just get kdebase-startkde and then whatever additional packages i like?
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do a ' emerge kdebase-meta -vp" and check out the list of packages and use flags and go from there.
Naveg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i still need to start with startkde do i not?
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all of kdebase but I'd guess that emerging startkde would give you a kde desktop but I have no idea what it pulls in as dependencies. If you look at the list of what's in kdebase-meta it should be pretty obvious what you don't want if there is anything you don't want. If you don't know what something is then chances are it's nothing you would emerge on it's own and it's just a dependency package for something.
Naveg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble getting kde-meta...its complaining that kfax is masked when i clearly have it in package.unmask...is there not yet an ~x86 ebuild for this one in gentopia?
Herring42
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get kmobile to install:
Any ideas?

Code:

>>> Install kmobile-3.5_beta1 into /var/tmp/portage/kmobile-3.5_beta1/image/ category kde-base
Making install in .
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kmobile-3.5_beta1/work/kmobile-3.5_beta1/kmobile'
/usr/qt/3/bin/moc ./kmobiledevice.h -o kmobiledevice.moc
./kmobiledevice.h:449: Warning: Unexpected enum declaration.
/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../libkdepim -I/usr/kde/3.5/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I.   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=athlon-xp -mtune=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe -mmmx -m3dnow -msse -mfpmath=sse -maccumulate-outgoing-args -fforce-addr -fweb -finline-functions -ftracer -fprefetch-loop-arrays -DCOMPOSITE -funit-at-a-time -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION  -c -o kmobiledevice.lo `test -f 'kmobiledevice.cpp' || echo './'`kmobiledevice.cpp
kmobiledevice.moc: In member function `bool KMobileDevice::openPassDlg(KIO::AuthInfo&, const QString&)':
kmobiledevice.moc:184: warning: 'something' might be used uninitialized in this function
kmobiledevice.moc: In member function `int KMobileDevice::messageBox(KMobileDevice::MessageBoxType, const QString&, const QString&, const QString&, const QString&)':
kmobiledevice.moc:239: warning: 'something' might be used uninitialized in this function
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../libkcal/libkcal.la', needed by `libkmobiledevice.la'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kmobile-3.5_beta1/work/kmobile-3.5_beta1/kmobile'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: