View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobpaul
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Gnome Workstation Switcher Drag and Drop? [Solved] Reply with quote

I have a dual head Xinerama style setup, so my gnome pannel "workstation switcher" shows an extra-wide desktop for each of the 4 virtual desktops.

In the "workstation switcher" I can click and drag a window from one workstation to another. I can't, however, click and drag a window from one half of the workstation to another. This would be handy, since my second monitor (a big old CRT with a tube that's slowly dying) often gets turned off, but windows sometimes still open to it.

Is there a replacement panel app that would suite me better? I don't actually ever use the virtual desktops, but being able to move windows on the existing workspace using a panel app would be extremely handy.

Thanks

[Edit] I'm going to assume there isn't a solution and the best I can do is a feature request which I'll get around to eventually [/Edit]

Last edited by bobpaul on Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ikke
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might file a bug report (feature request) for this in Gnome Bugzilla. If you do so, please provide the bug number here.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: