rm modules on suspend
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattmatteh
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: rm modules on suspend Reply with quote

i dont have a problem now. but should the usb and firewire modules be removed when sleeping and loaded at wake ? i always unplug the mouse when i sleep.

matt
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, when you or your iBook sleep, or both? :)
Seriously, I don't unplug my mouse with suspend. And the bright light of my mouse lightens my room. I think it doesn't use much energy, because the LEDs switch off after a while. After resuming all is still working.
But I didn't try with other usb devices.
Do you stop you network when sleeping? Even my nfs mounts are still functional after resume.
mattmatteh
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unplugging the usb wasnt really a big concern. but wanted to have the computer stop the eth connection. as i use the ibook at home and at school, so the eth may or maynot be there. same with the mouse. it might sleep with a mouse and wake without. i was just trying to eleminate a step of having to su- just to change the runlevel, i figured the computer can do it itself

matt
Massimo B.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I understand. Yes it wakes up when unplugging the mouse, so I do that also before.
You mean you want to switch to a runlevel something like "nonetwork" everytime it wakes up? Don't know how to do it? Just right it in the /etc/power scripts.
Otherway it wouldn't know where it wakes up.
Generally I always have to su to switch the runlevel so far. I tried it with shortcuts on the desktop. But now I have about 10 network-runlevels and just do it as root.
Concerning the wireless you could make a net.wireless for all with entries for each AP and ESSID.
For wired networks as far as I know "netplug" has no ppc keyword.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: