View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0p
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: SVG frontend app Reply with quote

I want to build an vector based linux application. I'm currently use GTK+/C++. Is it even possible to bind a SVG (or other vector format) as the front end to a app that would run on X11?

And if so, what libraries/projects/documentation I could read to learn how this is done? I've come across this http://www.linuxartist.org/2d.html which links to all sorts of libraries and what not. Zodius looks promising. The reason I ask is cause I was watching the Sparkle IDE video tour for M$'s new development platform. The applications are built with fully vector based frontend (through the zodius? lib (been a week or so since I watched the video) and c#.

Thought it would be cool to start playing/learning how to use vector based frontends (if possible) in applications that scale any display.

Thanks in advance!

MP
c0p
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a link to the video i referred too http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=115387. It's long and boring but was neat to see them trying to innovate for once at microsoft.
c0p
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by innovate I mean copying macromedia. The fact that you can interact with .net is the catch. Oh how sweet flash would be if it was open source.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: