Wine not finding windows dir... [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
satchmodian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Wine not finding windows dir... [solved] Reply with quote

Just emerged wine and ran winecfg and it didn't do anything useful. It wouldn't make the directory structure for wine. I then made the .wine directory and it got a little farther, but couldn't find the windows dir. So I emerged the ~x86 package and tried again with the same result.

Code:
mike@localhost ~ $ wine
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/mike', starting in the Windows directory.
Wine 20050930
Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
       wine --help                   Display this help and exit
       wine --version                Output version information and exit

When I make the .wine dir and then run winecfg it is able to make system.reg and user.reg in the .wine directory but ends up giving

Code:
mike@localhost ~/.wine $ winecfg
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system32" is not accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/home/mike/.wine', starting in the Windows directory.
Segmentation fault

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, to fix this I emerged winesetuptk. Then ran winesetuptk as normal user. The same crap about windows dir not being found still popped up when i ran wine. Then I ran wineprefixcreate. I don't know what this did exactly but i don't get the annoying messages anymore. Running winecfg still doesn't work... a segmentation fault.
bilbravo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the solution?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: