Day of Defeat Source -- frames per second
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckenda1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Day of Defeat Source -- frames per second Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I am currently getting about 35-60fps in DoD:S under Cedega 4.4.1 with the system specs in my sig. Is this normal or does this seem kind of low? Anyone with any comments/help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I am running the game at 1280x1024 with everything set to HIGH. THANKS!

-ckenda1
Gentii
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems to be pretty good for this kind of game using cedega. If you manage to run your game under cedega at a good resolution and max details, you should consider yourself lucky, and never expect a perfect framerate.
Btw, when switching to linux two years ago, I just stopped all games that weren't playable under linux. Well that's not totally true, since I did experiment a bit with cedega first, and then with wine, but the only really playable games I tried were gta3 and gta:vc. And I played a few windows game on my bro's box as well, like colin mcrae rally or gta:sa.
But most of my gaming these days are on native games which have a comparable framerate, ie quake based fps :)
So I played and still play quake 3, enemy territory, and recently warsow, because these games are just great, and run amazingly well under linux, and two of them are free, and two of them are open source. And you can waste an incredible amount of time with these games, believe me. (I would recommend to play as little as you can, though)
So what else do you need ? :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: