Stops at installing via udev...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
christocmp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Stops at installing via udev... Reply with quote

Hi,
I tried late last night to install gentoo 2005.1 on my desktop after having great results on an old dell P3 (stage 1)
, and a laptop with 2004.1 (stage 1) a while back. However it stopped at the following stage

Quote:

installing via udev

I'm not sure if that is exactly what it said (at work now) but you get the gist. The CD is the same one I installed
on the P3 which worked fine. The desktop machine is a modern system with 1GB xp athlon 3200+, geforce 6800 etc

The final goal is to install a gentoo to a portable USB 2.5" HDD and carry my desktop to work with me. The machines will
be slightly different so I was going to build two different kernels and use the generic one in the interim. Is this plan plausible?

[edit] corrected error generated.
dbasetrinity
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The final goal is to install a gentoo to a portable USB 2.5" HDD and carry my desktop to work with me. The machines will
be slightly different so I was going to build two different kernels and use the generic one in the interim. Is this plan plausible?

yep that should work out just fine...just add another kernel image to you bootloader and then just choose the image you want to boot...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: