Alsa spdif issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parrots
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Alsa spdif issues Reply with quote

I am using the intel8x0 chipset (NVidia CK804), and had everything set up to go out my optical out spdif into a receiver that has dolby digital decoding and all. It would output PCM all the time, unless mplayer was playing a dolby digital stream - then it would just use passthrough. The configuration was working perfectly for the past two weeks. I was messing with installing a better dvdplayer then mplayer (xine) today and now I'm having issues. I'm not sure if this is the cause, but its the only thing I can think of doing beyond standard playback of files today. I didn't modify my .asoundrc file or anything.

Now for some reason my receiver is saying that the computer is always outputting a dolby digital stream (as soon as the driver is loaded at boot, that is). Even when I try aplay hw:0,2 some mp3 file right to the hardware interface it still registers DD (I don't get any errors saying the device is in use, so I assume another program isn't outputting this DD stream?)(and no I don't have a hardware mixer, I have to use dmix). If I use gamix to switch the audio to the stereo jack instead of the optical, all sound comes through the headphones just fine. Its just the optical that seems to have issues being stuck with the DD stream.

So far, I've tried everything I can think of including reinstalling the alsa utilities, removing my custom .asoundrc file (just incase), running alsaconfig, and even reinstalling the modules. Everything looks ok in terms of what devices aplay -l lists and all. Any ideas?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: