LiveCD or Basic?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rab22585
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: LiveCD or Basic? Reply with quote

Hello, I downloaded gentoo linux a while ago from my friends computer, however I haven't installed it yet because I don't know if I'm going to need to connect to the internet and download the rest of the files (I only have a dial up 26.4kbps connection and it's a winmodem :( ). I read on the installation board though that if I have the livecd with all 3 stages that I won't need to download anything, that would really be nice. I was wondering if there is any way of checking the cd to make sure that I have all three stages. Can anyone tell me a quick and easy way to check the cd for all 3 stages? BTW, I don't know what version I got, it was the newest at the time, but that had to have been over 6 months ago. Is there really any big need to update if I don't have the newest one? Anyways, thank you guys for your time. Have a great day!

Thx again :)
-Rick
slkintel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you downloaded the LiveCD and its the bigger ones of the files in the directory then you should have got the one with the 3 stages. But you will while installing have to make sure all the files are updated and you will have to download things as you go with the installation even if you start at stage 3. I would suggest because you got the version 6 monts ago to get the new rc 3, smaller cd with all 3 stages plus there is less to download while you are installing. :D
slkintel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if you downloaded the LiveCD and its the bigger ones of the files in the directory then you should have got the one with the 3 stages. But you will while installing have to make sure all the files are updated and you will have to download things as you go with the installation even if you start at stage 3. I would suggest because you got the version 6 monts ago to get the new rc 3, smaller cd with all 3 stages plus there is less to download while you are installing. :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: