View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smoothhound
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Excel Object (application/vnd.ms-excel) opens in writer Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I have a intranet application which allows various html reports to be output as excel files. This works by simply sending the content type: application/vnd.ms-excel to the browser and then sending the slightly massaged html table. This works fine with MS Excel, an excel window will open and display the report exactly as you would expect including colours from CSS merged cells etc. and even formulae!

However using openoffice (RC3/KDE) I get prompted to 'save as' or 'open with Open Office Calc' which is fine. If I choose to open, it will open in writer. If I choose to save and save with an xls extension it will still open in writer (even if I have an open spreadsheet and use file->open).

I have tried changing the content type to application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet but I still get the same results.

So is there anything I can do to get this to work in openoffice? either as the web-developer or as the user?

TIA
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: