Compiling Open Office 2.0.rc-2, missing diff fix
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Compiling Open Office 2.0.rc-2, missing diff fix Reply with quote

Has anyone else run into these errors building OO2 on amd64:

Code:

/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0_rc2/work/ooo-build-2.0.rc2-2/patches/apply.pl /var/tmp/portage/op enoffice-2.0.0_rc2/work/ooo-build-2.0.rc2-2/patches/OOO_2_0 /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0_rc2/w ork/ooo-build-2.0.rc2-2/build/ooo680-m2 $FLAGS --tag=ooo680-m2 ;
Execute with  for distro(s) 'Gentoo64 Localize'
PATCHPATH => .:../src680:../evo2:../vba:../mono:../64bit:../cairo

** Error ** - Can't find file cws-ooo64bit02.2005-04-19-math-h.diff in patch path '.:../src680:../e vo2:../vba:../mono:../64bit:../cairo'

make: *** [stamp/patch.apply] Error 2

!!! ERROR: app-office/openoffice-2.0.0_rc2 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 197, Exitcode 2
!!! Build failed

and.....

Code:

/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0_rc2/work/ooo-build-2.0.rc2-2/patches/apply.pl /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0_rc2/work/ooo-build-2.0.rc2-2/patches/OOO_2_0 /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0_rc2/work/ooo-build-2.0.rc2-2/build/ooo680-m2 $FLAGS --tag=ooo680-m2 ;

** Error ** - Can't find file buildfix-64bit-sc.diff in patch path '.:../src680:../evo2:../vba:../mono:../64bit:../cairo'

!!! ERROR: app-office/openoffice-2.0.0_rc2 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 197, Exitcode 2
!!! Build failed

I've looked into the OO CVS repository and the diffs it's looking for have been removed and are now dead files. Also,
it's not just a simple case of portage putting the files in the wrong place. There are no such files, period. The solution
is simple edit the following file, commenting out the references to the non-existent diffs:

Code:

/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0_rc2/work/ooo-build-2.0.rc2-2/patches/OOO_2_0/apply

(assuming you let portage put things in the default locations)

The compile will probably die anyway, but at least it will die for a different reason.

Thomas S. Howard
cynric
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to check the basics, have you re-sync'ed afterwards? I find that most of the time that will fix missing patches.

In case you aren't famaliar with the routine, sync'ing (emerge sync) grabs a new snapshot of the portage tree; thus potentially fixing broken links and missing files.
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I tried a resync, but nothing changed. The thing is, the patch apply list is buried way down in portage's /var/tmp hierarchy, and it is something created by the OO team, not the Gentoo developers. As I said, the OO office team has killed those patches on CVS. They're part of the upstream source (or rather were part of the upstream source), not part of the /usr/portage/ tree. I suppose I could resync another time, but I can pretty much guarantee it won't do a thing.

Thomas S. Howard
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that didn't help.

Thomas S. Howard
cynric
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't think it would (or at least you'd probably already checked) since you went so far as to dig in CVS. But, you never know. Hopefully someone will shed some light on it; good luck.
steve_d555
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Building OO2? What could possess a person to do such a thing :D

I think that the -bin version is probably the best way to go as the source code is always changing and you don't want to have to recompile everytime a fix comes out. RC2 is hardmasked but you can just put =app-office/openoffice-bin-2.0.0_rc2 in package.unmask and emerge.

If you really do need to, you can pause the compilation right before that (with Ctrl-Z) then copy then patch into one of those dirs then restart (fg).
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's how I got it on my system in the first place. Otherwise, I wouldn't be having ebuild problems. As to why:

1. See if it works
2. If 1 fails, find out why
3. Find and fix bugs

Thomas S. Howard
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also having this problem.
Code:

** Error ** - Can't find file cws-ooo64bit02.2005-04-19-math-h.diff in patch path '.:../src680:../evo2:../vba:../mono:../64bit:../cairo'

-c
didymos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, unfortunately, even when you fix that, the build is still going to flake out on a bunch of other stuff. Most of it has been problems with build options. For example, OO wanted to build it's own copy of berkeley db, and was screwing it up. Once it was told to knock it off and use the system libraries, it was fine, until it tried to something else equally stupid and redundant. The other thing that was a big problem was mozilla. By default, OO tries to use system mozilla libraries, even when you don't have them, and it can't cope with the firefox equivalents even though there is a "--with-firefox" build option. Since I didn't wan't to install the old mozilla suite, I finally grabbed the moz source and stuck it in a directory OO sets aside for that purpose, then told the build to compile the libraries itself. Which it did. Then it died building the java stuff. I fixed one bug where it insisted on turning a 64-bit integer into a 32-bit integer, despite the fact that it was checking to see if it should do that. After that, it finished building the java components, but when it tried to set them up, it decided at the last second that it couldn't deal with the JRE because it was "unrecognized", despite being the blackdown version (64-bit and everything), which is listed in the vendors file it checks for JRE compatibility. I haven't been able to get it past that, but I ran across something on the OO site that said 64-bit OO needs 1.5, even though the 32-bit OO can't handle it. So, I'll try that at some point. I'm not really expecting too much; I'm more curious as to why it's not working than anything else.

Thomas S. Howard
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm interesting.
I wonder if building a binary using that ebuild on a 32bit machine
Code:
emerge -b openoffice
will let it run on the amd64 gentoo system with emerge -k?

-c
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The openoffice-2.0 ebuild fails with the same thing :(
Code:
*  app-office/openoffice
      Latest version available: 2.0.0
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 210,589 kB
      Homepage:    http://go-oo.org
      Description: OpenOffice.org, a full office productivity suite.
      License:     LGPL-2

Code:
fi ; \
/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0/work/ooo-build-2.0.0/patches/apply.pl /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0/work/ooo-build-2.0.0/patches/OOO_2_0 /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0/work/ooo-build-2.0.0/build/OOO_2_0_0 $FLAGS --tag=OOO_2_0_0 ;

** Error ** - Can't find file cws-ooo64bit02.2005-04-19-math-h.diff in patch path '.:../src680:../evo2:../vba:../mono:../64bit:../cairo'

-c
taskara
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've been trying to get the AMD64 version to compile. Like didymos, it now fails on BerkleyDB.

Firstly, you need mozilla, openldap and gnome-vfs libraries, so compile these first
Code:
emerge -av mozilla openldap gnome-vfs
I just emerged the gnome-vfs package then used the mozilla and ldap USE flags
Code:
emerge -av gnome-vfs ; USE="mozilla ldap" emerge -abv openoffice

Now, once the openoffice ebuild starts, go to a new terminal. When it is extracting and tells u to go make a cup of tea, you need to CD into the tmp directory and touch the patch files so it doesn't complain
Code:
cd /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0/work/ooo-build-2.0.0/patches/64bit/ ; touch cws-ooo64bit02.2005-04-19-math-h.diff ; touch buildfix-64bit-sc.diff
Make sure the files exist with ls. Now it shouldn't complain about the patches (I read they are not needed anymore anyway, I hope this is right ;))

Now it fails on BerkleyDB however with
Code:
linux-gnu/3.4.4/../../../../lib64/crtn.o  -o .libs/libdb_cxx-4.2.so
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: .libs/cxx_db.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `vtable for Db' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
.libs/cxx_db.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libdb_cxx-4.2.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0/work/ooo-build-2.0.0/build/ooo680-m3/berkeleydb/unxlngx4.pro/misc/build/db-4.2.52.NC/out'
dmake:  Error code 2, while making './unxlngx4.pro/misc/build/so_built_so_berkeleydb'
'---* tg_merge.mk *---'

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.0/work/ooo-build-2.0.0/build/ooo680-m3/berkeleydb
make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1

-c
drawsmcgraw
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same exact problem here :( stupid math files! And the files taskara mentions touching aren't even there when I try!? But then, I'm using this:

Code:

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge -a emerge =app-office/openoffice-2.0.0

Because when I try this:
Code:

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge -a emerge =app-office/openoffice-2.0.0

I get this:
Code:

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies -
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=app-office/openoffice-2.0.0" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- app-office/openoffice-2.0.0 (masked by: missing keyword)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
section 2.2 "Software Availability" in the Gentoo Handbook.

Anyway... still hoping for a resolution either way!

-Dennis Miller
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: