Need help with old kernel, want to update flashplayer in Moz
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamaiden
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Need help with old kernel, want to update flashplayer in Moz Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

It's been quite a while since I've needed to come to you for help, but my fiance is mad at me and my Gentoo notebook with all my notes on installation, kernel, and how to do stuff is packed away.

I am running a 2.4 kernel, haven't had the time to commit to an emerge world (? - It's really been a long time). I want to view the following demo on this page: http://www2.rosettastone.com/en/individuals/product-overview/ - but get kicked to the page saying my version of flash is unsupported.
Alright, so I'll update, right? I've done tarballs before (not in over a year), I've done gunzips and bunzips and at least a few zippers, again, not in over a year. My brain must be addled, because while I've had no problem downloading this tarball, I can NOT, for the life of me, remember how to get into the right directory so I can follow the damned instructions that are right there!

Color me dork, because I've been searching here, and while I can open up a terminal/shell just fine.. I really need my notes because I don't do this every day. Or should I just assume the position and prepare to be spanked?

(Yes, I will be doing whatever it takes to get the man un-mad at me, I don't know what I did to piss him off, but I am sorry.. :oops: )

All this because I got the hair across my ass to try the demo FIRST. Jesus.. :roll:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com
alphonce
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not just
Code:
emerge -uva netscape-flash

of if you have the tarball
Code:
tar zxvf <tar package>
cd <tar package dir>
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

but read the README and/or INSTALL note in the dir.

just as simple as that.
Seamaiden
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um.. well, I would have done the emerge had I remembered the switches, and that Moz = Netscape. :oops:

But! The emerge worked perfectly. I still need to find out why I pissed off the man, though. Shame on me (as soon as I find out what I did).

Thank you!

http://www.wetwebmedia.com
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: