Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
GRUB or ISOLINUX for future Conrad Releases?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: GRUB or ISOLINUX for future Conrad Releases? Reply with quote

Hello, I'm debating whether I should use ISOLINUX (as seen on the gentoo livecd) or GRUB (as seen on the current conrad livecd/possibly your bootloader)

I hear people who want isolinux, and who want grub, so I decided to let people post their opinions - The majority towards one or the other will be used on all the future conrad releases.

The Result will be used on the Conrad Install LiveCD 0.2, and the Conrad Installable gnome/kde LiveCD 0.1_alpha1 (Codenamed: Maggie)

If you don't know, the Conrad Install LiveCD is a livecd, that can be used to install gentoo with reiser4, it has all the essential tools for installing gentoo, and a few extra.

Found here: http://bfgraphics.net/conrad/releases

And the Conrad Installable Gnome/KDE LiveCD is a installable LiveCD which will use the Gentoo GTK+ Installer (seen on lxnay's liveDVD's, and the experimental LiveCD) The difference is it only contains a stage3 and a CD-HD Copy Install Option - not stage1/stage2 - It should work, partially tested, the liveCD hasn't been created, but the scripts not thoroughly, but partially tested.

-----
So post your opinions and reasons - It is appreciated, just take a few seconds to post why you think one is better.
Lost in android development land.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: