prelink problem?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nunopedrosilva
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: prelink problem? Reply with quote

I run prelink -amR and then it starts saying

prelink: /opt/ati/bin/fglrxinfo: Cannot prelink against non-PIC shared library /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.so.1
prelink: /usr/bin/motv: Cannot prelink against non-PIC shared library /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.so.1
prelink: /opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.09/bin/servertool: Not enough room to add .dynamic entry
prelink: Could not write /usr/lib/vmware/bin-debug/vmware-vmx: invalid section entry size
prelink: /opt/sun-jdk-1.4.2.09/bin/jmap: Not enough room to add .dynamic entry

and a lot more of lines of this type...
is there a way to fix this?
tarnman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's serious. I got similar outputs last time I prelinked my system. Remember prelink doesn't work on all binaries.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that binaries are propietary closed source ones, and as such do have a different api than the usual linux bins. So, you just can't prelink them. Not the end of the world though.
nunopedrosilva
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but in the end says "aborted"...
is it working?
steve_d555
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To fix the libGL message do

Code:
eselect opengl set xorg-x11
prelink -avmR
eselect opengl set ati
env-update
source /etc/profile

Are there other errors that could warrant the "Aborted" message?
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is useless. That way you are prelinking against the x11 non accelerated gl libs, instead of prelinking against the ati libs. Then you switch to the ati libs again, which are not prelinked. Of course, the errors will not show, since those libraries are not processed by prelink. But the results are the same as if you run prelink with the ati libs (unless you really intend to use the x11 gl libs).

There is no fix to prelink these propietary libs. The abort message that you say you are getting should not have nothing to do with the fact that those libraries cant be prelinked. It will be helpfull if you posted that message here. :wink:
nunopedrosilva
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prelink: /usr/bin/www: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/webbot: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/w3c: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/php: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-issubn: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-manage: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-send: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-request: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-return: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-warn: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-list: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-store: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-sub: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-unsub: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-gate: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/ezmlm-get: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/bin/snort: Could not find one of the dependencies
prelink: /usr/lib/libavformat-0.4.9-pre1.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgthread-1.2.so.0.0.10 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/libssl3.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkdeinit_kudesigner.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libopenobex-1.0.so.1.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/liblcms.so.1.0.13 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libORBit-2.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libscrollkeeper.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkipi.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libpostproc.so.0.0.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3.7.3 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgstreamer-0.8.so.1.4.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0.600.10 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libnasl.so.2.2.5 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgnomevfs-2.so.0.1000.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgimpthumb-2.0.so.0.200.8 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libpng.so.3.1.2.8 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libpython2.3.so.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libXfont.so.1.5 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.17 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libvcdinfo.so.0.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.6/libgcc_s.so.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkarboncommon.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libmad.so.0.2.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxffm_on_demand.so.1.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgailutil.so.17.0.3 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/libprelink: /usr/lib/libXfont.so.1.5 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2.3.17 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libvcdinfo.so.0.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.6/libgcc_s.so.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkarboncommon.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libmad.so.0.2.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxffm_on_demand.so.1.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgailutil.so.17.0.3 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libMagick.so.6.2.4 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgpgme.so.11.3.3 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkeximigrate.so.0.0.8 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libdps.so.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkdeinit_kexi.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/evolution/2.2/libevolution-a11y.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/liblber-2.2.so.7.0.21 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgal-a11y-2.4.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0.9.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkexidb.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.15.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1.2.2 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.12.3.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libcamel-1.2.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libFS.so.6.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgnutls-extra.so.12.3.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libtotem-plparser.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkdeinit_karbon.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libcdio_paranoia.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libXext.so.6.4 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2-2.4.so.0.1.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libSM.so.6.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxkbfile.so.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxffm_calls.so.1.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgs.so.7.07 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libXmu.so.6.2 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libdw-0.108.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkrb5support.so.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libnautilus-private.so.2.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so.0.1011.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libSDL_net-1.2.so.0.0.5 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/liblzo.so.1.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/liblockfile.so.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libImlib2.so.1.2.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkeximain.so.0.0.8 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3.2 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3.1.2 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgimpwidgets-2.0.so.0.200.8 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libsndfile.so.1.0.11 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libecal-1.2.so.2.1.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/evolution/2.2/libeutil.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libogg.so.0.5.2 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxvidcore.so.4.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libcdio.so.5.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libNeroCDR.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libtcl8.4.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0.600.5 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxslt.so.1.1.15 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxfcegui4.so.3.0.5 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libCDCopy.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libedataserver-1.2.so.4.0.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libmhash.so.2.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libSDL_image-1.2.so.0.1.2 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libdb-4.2.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxffm_cpy.so.1.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libvorbis.so.0.3.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libkexicore.so.0.0.8 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libfaad.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.6.22 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libtag.so.1.4.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libsasl2.so.2.0.20 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libnessus.so.2.2.5 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libaudio.so.2.3 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgconf-2.so.4.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libglib-1.2.so.0.0.10 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libfftw3f.so.3.0.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0.9.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libwx_base-2.6.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/librrd.so.2.0.4 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libNeroSCSI.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libfftw3.so.3.0.1 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgnomeprintui-2-2.so.0.1.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libNeroErr.so is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/libgdbm_compat.so.3.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib
prelink: /usr/lib/evolution/2.2/libetimezonedialog.so.0.0.0 is present in a blacklisted directory /usr/lib

...Prelinking /usr/bin/vfstest
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/mysqlcheck because its dependency /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 could not be prelinked
Prelinking /usr/bin/myisam_ftdump
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/kde/3.4/bin/krotation.kss because its dependency /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 could not be prelinked
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/mysqltest because its dependency /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 could not be prelinked
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/mysql because its dependency /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 could not be prelinked
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/kde/3.4/bin/kwave.kss because its dependency /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 could not be prelinked
Prelinking /usr/bin/smbspool
Prelinking /usr/bin/smbstatus
Prelinking /usr/bin/smbmount
Prelinking /usr/bin/imgtofi
prelink: /usr/bin/imgtofi: Not enough room to add .dynamic entry
Prelinking /usr/sbin/mysqld
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/lqtplay because its dependency /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 could not be prelinked
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/lqtvrplay because its dependency /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 could not be prelinked
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/mysqlshow because its dependency /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 could not be prelinked
Prelinking /usr/bin/smbcquotas
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/kde/3.4/bin/kpendulum.kss because its dependency /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 could not be prelinked
Prelinking /usr/bin/smbmnt
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/xdriinfo because its dependency /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.so.1 could not be prelinked
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/kde/3.4/bin/kflux.kss because its dependency /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1 could not be prelinked
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/mysqltestmanager because its dependency /usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.15 could not be prelinked
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/pia because its dependency /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.so.1 could not be prelinked
Prelinking /usr/bin/smbcacls
prelink: Could not prelink /usr/bin/mencoder because its dependency /usr/lib/libsmbclient.so.0 could not be prelinked
Aborted
shortnet nuno #
tarnman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be missing a few libraries. How often do you revdep-rebuild? Maybe now is a good time. Do something like
Code:
# revdep-rebuild -vp

After checking the packages to be rebuilt
Code:
# revdep-rebuild

Then try prelinking again
nunopedrosilva
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I do it for a few time, since a friend told me about that command...
but I've got some things to rebuild... I'll post the "error" if something goes bad after revdep
thanks
kilimanjaru
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ... your friend seems to be a nice guy ....

First of all .... you had -fPIC in you CFLAGS ... and you CANT have that ... recompile your system after removing that flag ... and nuno pay attention to the packages that dont like prelink .. you can allways add them to /etc/env.d/60prelink :P

btw are we gonna get a coffe again today ? ... heheheh

and you suck and FIFA2006 you noob

love ***
nunopedrosilva
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm recompiling (again) my entire system, nuno... at 4 A.M. my ISP suspended my internet account, for lack of payment... hehehe. I've paid and am recompiling it again...I'll see if I want to use prelink again... maybe not... who knows!

Ahhh by the way... I'm the noob, but the noob who gave you 8-0!! :P

By the way! My printer is on!! I had to go to rpmfind.net to grab gimp-print drivers... there I found a complete list of printers wich I didn't found on the package wich i emerged... it's sweet now!
I'm only missing... scanner
:S
xsl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back to my old account

Cof cof ... so mutch dust .. *g*

use SANE to put your scanner working ....

and you only beat me at fifa cause I dont like to see you sad and breaking the pad...

hhehehehe
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: