View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motoi-Sakuraba-Milfeuille
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: OpenOffice 2 doesn't like gtk-engines-qt Reply with quote

I compiled OO2 from source. Then I got fed up with how GTK stuff looks like crap under everything except XFCE and GNOME, so I emerged gtk-engines-qt (otherwise known as gtk-qt, or the thing that makes GTK apps look good in non-GTK environments).

So now I'm running KDE and Enlightenment-0.17, and OpenOffice 2's buttons don't show up. They show up when you mouseover them, but when your mouse is gone the button becomes blank, like the rest of the toolbar, just a grey bar sitting there taking up space. Clicking on them still works though.

Anybody know how to get over this?
Marctraider
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try putting export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP="gnome" in your /etc/profile?
Then restart KDE or something, source /etc/profile, etc :)
GPU: HD2600XT
SATA: 3x 250GB.
Motoi-Sakuraba-Milfeuille
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, no it doesn't help. source /etc/profile -ing it didn't work. I re-emerged gtk-engines-qt with that thing in my /etc/profile, didn't work either.
Even manually typing it out to the command line and running it from there didn't solve the problem.

But I got lots of these errors:
Code:
(soffice.bin:6756): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_bits_per_sample: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(soffice.bin:6756): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(soffice.bin:6756): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(soffice.bin:6756): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

widremann
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to do "oowriter2 --widgets-set qt" from the command line. You can use whichever widget set you want (and remember that it's "--widgets-set", not "--widget-set"). I use motif myself since OO doesn't do a good job of replicating my KDE theme.
M-Z
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: OpenOffice 2 doesn't like gtk-engines-qt Reply with quote

Motoi-Sakuraba-Milfeuille wrote:
I compiled OO2 from source. Then I got fed up with how GTK stuff looks like crap under everything except XFCE and GNOME, so I emerged gtk-engines-qt (otherwise known as gtk-qt, or the thing that makes GTK apps look good in non-GTK environments).

If you like the look of gtk applications under Gnome, try running /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon in other environments.
Marctraider
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motoi-Sakuraba-Milfeuille wrote:
Actually, no it doesn't help. source /etc/profile -ing it didn't work. I re-emerged gtk-engines-qt with that thing in my /etc/profile, didn't work either.
Even manually typing it out to the command line and running it from there didn't solve the problem.

But I got lots of these errors:
Code:
(soffice.bin:6756): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_bits_per_sample: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(soffice.bin:6756): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(soffice.bin:6756): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(soffice.bin:6756): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

perhaps re-emerge gdk-pixbuf or another version?
Marctraider
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

widremann wrote:
Better to do "oowriter2 --widgets-set qt" from the command line. You can use whichever widget set you want (and remember that it's "--widgets-set", not "--widget-set"). I use motif myself since OO doesn't do a good job of replicating my KDE theme.

Yeah i remember that such option existed only didnt know the name anymore :) thx, i will try this qt stuff because i prefer qt style over my current gtk2 style

Edit: that --widgets-set qt doesnt work... :roll:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: