Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Mplayer, FFMPEG, AVIDEMUX codec problem?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wargand
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Mplayer, FFMPEG, AVIDEMUX codec problem? Reply with quote

Hi,
lately I have problems with a growing number of avi files. At first I though they were simply broken. Neither mplayer, nor ffplay nor aviplay can play them correctly. The whole file is 'compressed' in a super fast fastforward. Audio and video. The video is very choppy with green artefact rectangles. Avidemux2 is not able to open such a file. Since in the last weeks I found more and more of such files and especially since xine can play them perfectly, I don't think anymore that they are broken, but are encoded in a new codec type.

Any ideas?
Any hints, where I can start looking and what information is needed?
I did search quite some time in google, but found only very very few reports on such a behaviour. Mosty it was blamed on alsa, but not one the workaround worked for me.

Ahh, almost forgot: If I start mplayer with the option '-forceidx' audio is ok then, but no effect on video at all.
tuam
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Mplayer, FFMPEG, AVIDEMUX codec problem? Reply with quote

wargand wrote:
Since in the last weeks I found more and more of such files and especially since xine can play them perfectly, I don't think anymore that they are broken, but are encoded in a new codec type.

Both mplayer and xine have options to show you the codec in use. Could you post their output, please? Check
Code:
emerge -pv mplyer
for the USE flags about the different codecs. Or, copy one or two seconds from the videos with mencoder and put them online for others to check.

FF,

Daniel
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: