Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Moving window above top of screen (Gnome)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhogg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Moving window above top of screen (Gnome) Reply with quote

Hi all,

A bit of a strange problem/requirement. I'm running VMWare with Windows XP for work, but would like to quickly flip back and forth between windows/linux. I resized the windows desktop so I can use the Alt-F7 move command to actually put the titlebar of the VMWare app slightly above the top of the screen. But, since upgrading to VMWare 5, I cannot do this at all. It just stops at the panel, let alone the top of the physical screen.

From extensive searching it looks like this is a window manager 'feature' to stop users from accidentally moving a window above the top, where they are then unable to move it back (because the title bar is not visible). Even though a right-click on the window in the window list allows a move, or an Alt-Click and Drag.

Any suggestions or patches, or do i need a different window manager than metacity?

Brian
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: