Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Wine: Mouse too slow (software mouse - UNSOLVABLE)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skotlex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Wine: Mouse too slow (software mouse - UNSOLVABLE) Reply with quote

I've finally gotten a client for a certain game (Ragnarok Online, for the curious) to work under Wine. However, for reasons unknown... the mouse feels like a total drag. I need to make it move several "screens" of distance to get it to move across the app window. I've been searching around.. and I can't find anything of the like (or at least, anything that helps). Is perhaps there some way to specify for a specific program that the mouse needs to be seriously sped up?
The client seems to work fine otherwise... music is fine, animation/fps seem decent (of course, the way these game clients are coded, they always consume 100% CPU). The mouse only behaves so slow when inside the app window for just this app (well I got wine only for it and nothing else).
Anyway.. to the point, is there anything I could do to speed up the mouse movement while inside that window? Wine's configured to create a virtual 800x600 desktop and I play (well, more like, try) there, not sure what other info could be relevant as there's nothing on the wine cfg that may seem to be related...

Last edited by Skotlex on Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
gaminggeek
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it uses software mouse I have the same problem with wow and nwn in wow you can turn off software mouse and in nwn there is a hack but IDK about RO sorry
Skotlex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Indeed it is unsolvable.. but by using a 640x480 desktop I can sort of make up for the slow mouse-movement (by greatly decreasing the work area), not the best solution, but at least it's somewhat more acceptable ^^'
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: