Installing drivers for Canon PIXMA IP1000
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sergejs.Magers
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Installing drivers for Canon PIXMA IP1000 Reply with quote

Hi, i had bought Canon PIXMA IP1000, a nice printer recently so i needed to get it working under linux. There were 2 solutions:
  • Turbolinux drivers - they cost 2/3 of the printer so this wasn't a solution at all
  • Get native drivers from Canon
I did a search on the Gentoo forums but didn't find anything so i tried Google - to many results to check. Then i tried to search the Ubuntu forums which are growing fast at the moment. ;)
And guess what? I found a guide - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=49954&highlight=canon+ip1000
It's a bit different from Gentoo but not a big deal because:
You can download these RPMs, convert them to tar.gz with rpm2targz, then extract them to some dir and copy all contents of the usr/ (in that some dir) to /usr and add the printer to CUPS by using the web interface localhost:631

So i hope this helps all those who have the same printer.
And big thx goes to Boyzcha from the ubuntu forums.

====================================================================================================

:!: A different solution is here. :!:
ndhoz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just already installed the driver, but when i try to print test page, printer can't do anything, there was announcement like this "/usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstocanonbj failed".
so what must i do now...??

thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: