View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evoweiss
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Japanese fonts for xpdf Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've recently made some Japanese collaborators and they sent me a pdf of a document of mine that they translated into Japanese. Unfortunately, it looks as if I need to figure out how to get xpdf or kpdf to properly display Japanese characters. Would somebody be so kind as to inform me how this is done?

Best,

Alex
rbuckmas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don`t know about using xpdf or xpdf to display Japanese properly, but Adobe Acrobat reader with the asian font package works well for Japanese PDF`s.

However the asian fonts for acrobat, acroread-asianfonts, is currently masked but worked fine once I managed to make it emerge. Initially it failed the checksums until I set the variables to install all the asian fonts and first did an emerge -f to fetch the whole package first. Then the font package emerged without trouble.

hope that helps

ryan
2crazy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the same experience. Pretty much everything that uses xpdf like Evince, or gpdf doesn't work with Japanese fonts :x
The Adobe Acrobat Reader seems to be the only way out, altough I'd be rather using Evince as a PDF reader.

Maybe someone else knows how to teach xpdf Japanese?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: