View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabhobs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was testing this rhythmbox version a little bit under ppc. It seemed to work fine. I did not have any problems so far. I, however, have a couple questions:

How can I play audio cds with this version?

My second question is related to Fenster's post:
Quote:
Has anyone figured out how to turn off those bloody balloons in the dock icon? They are annoying as hell. I moved to mocp for a while as it bugged me so much, but as swapping playlists is a chore in mocp, I may as well go and try Rhythmbox again while this thread is still up. There's no option or compile option to turn it off.

Does anyone know how to turn off these bubbles?
chrbecke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mabhobs wrote:

How can I play audio cds with this version?

Just insert an audio cd and play it!?
If I insert an audio cd, an icon for the audio cd is created in the sources panel. If I select it, the tracks are shown and I can play them.
I think you need dbus for it to work.

mabhobs wrote:
My second question is related to Fenster's post:
Quote:
Has anyone figured out how to turn off those bloody balloons in the dock icon? They are annoying as hell. I moved to mocp for a while as it bugged me so much, but as swapping playlists is a chore in mocp, I may as well go and try Rhythmbox again while this thread is still up. There's no option or compile option to turn it off.

Does anyone know how to turn off these bubbles?

Don't know about rhythmbox-0.9.2, but in CVS (try the ebuild I posted in this thread) you can uncheck "Show Notifications" in the context menu of the rb applet in the notification area.
HomerJ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question, but how do I get to see my shared music that resides on another PC and is shared from within iTunes?
mabhobs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested rhythmbox 0.9.3.1_p1 and wrote a little bit something about my experience:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3121036.html#3121036

The bubbles are gone with this version :-).

I still couldn't get cd playing to work even with dbus flag activated. Any sugestions?
Carbs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: compile failed Reply with quote

gearjunkie wrote:
I have been trying to no avail to emerge 0.9.2 for the last couple days. I initially was getting an error about something looking for libhal.so.0. So, I symlinked /usr/lib/libhal.so.0 to libhal.so.1
That seemed to solve the first error, but now I'm getting an exit error to the following effect:
Code:

/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_manager_find_device_string_match'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_device_property_exists'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_free_string'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_find_device_by_capability'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_device_lock'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_device_get_property_string'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_initialize'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_free_string_array'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_device_get_property_bool'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_device_get_property_int'
/usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so: undefined reference to `hal_device_unlock'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [rhythmbox] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/rhythmbox-0.9.2/work/rhythmbox-0.9.2/shell'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/rhythmbox-0.9.2/work/rhythmbox-0.9.2/shell'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/rhythmbox-0.9.2/work/rhythmbox-0.9.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-sound/rhythmbox-0.9.2 failed.
!!! Function gnome2_src_compile, Line 48, Exitcode 2
!!! compile failure
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

Has anyone seen this, or does anyone have any ideas? I wonder if this is related to the symlink I made, and if so, should I not have done that? I have the latest version of hal installed (0.5.5.1) if that helps at all....
Thanks in advance,
Nathan

I had the same problem, I have to re-emerge gnome-extra/nautilus-cd-burner.
Code:

emerge gnome-extra/nautilus-cd-burner

For some reason running emerge -uDN world had missed it and it was still v2.10 when everything else in gnome had been updated to 2.12. So once I updated to v2.12 I could then compile rhythmbox without a problem
HomerJ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone manage to connect to a remote itunes with rhythmbox? I'm using the 0.9.3.1 ebuil but it won't see my itunes server.

Thanks!
VValdo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me... 0.9.3.1 amd64 w/howl, not avahi. latest itunes.

W
skel_
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Rhythmbox 0.9.3.1, Problem adding files Reply with quote

I'm having some troubles with rhythmbox-0.9.3.1. Whenever i add files (mp3's) it shows a dialog saying "the file is not an
audio stream". I have tried with both gstreamer 0.8.11 and 0.10.2 with the gst-plugins-base, ugly packages. The weird thing is, when i first emerged rhythmbox (i think that was version 0.9.3.1 too) a few days ago it could play mp3-files but i couldn't see any tags and the length of the files were reported wrong (between 10 and 30 seconds). That's when i tried upgrading to gstreamer 0.10.2 and got this error. Since then i've probably tried 5-6 times with the different gstreamerversions with no luck.

Any ideas? I'm using gentoo 2006.0.

/ Per Holmäng
kernja
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Rhythmbox 0.9.3.1, Problem adding files Reply with quote

skel_ wrote:
I'm having some troubles with rhythmbox-0.9.3.1. Whenever i add files (mp3's) it shows a dialog saying "the file is not an
audio stream". I have tried with both gstreamer 0.8.11 and 0.10.2 with the gst-plugins-base, ugly packages. The weird thing is, when i first emerged rhythmbox (i think that was version 0.9.3.1 too) a few days ago it could play mp3-files but i couldn't see any tags and the length of the files were reported wrong (between 10 and 30 seconds). That's when i tried upgrading to gstreamer 0.10.2 and got this error. Since then i've probably tried 5-6 times with the different gstreamerversions with no luck.

Any ideas? I'm using gentoo 2006.0.

/ Per Holmäng

what does running:
Code:
gst-launch-ext-0.8 <path_to_mp3>

tell you?
skel_
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "osssink"
Trying to run anyway."

So it seems it's trying to use oss, whilst I wanna use alsa. How do i change this?

*EDIT

OK, after a reboot I can add files to rhythmbox and play them, the length is reported fine, but I still can't read any tags. And gst-launch-ext-0.8 still gives the above output.

*EDIT
Seems like everything works fine in rhythmbox now, the file i tried just didn't have any tags. I just realized that the gnome volume applet doesn't work, it says "No volume control elements and or devices found"
phate
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just upgraded to the newest rhythmbox version in portage in hope to solve THIS problem, but it remained the same :(
Perhaps some expierenced rhytmbox'er can take a look :roll:

Last edited by phate on Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
kmj0377
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting an "Unknown Playback Error" with the current version of Rhythmbox. It happens on any type of file. Odd thing is it's just started and I haven't changed anything.

Ok, found out the problem. Apparently gstreamer-0.10 was installed and rhythmbox was installed to use 0.8, so I had to make an overlay ebuild that used 0.10.
ivanova
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally managed to install rhythmbox and mt-daapd.
But I can't figure out where to connect to mt-daapd from rhythmbox. Is there something in the preference menu, or does it just show up? :oops:
berg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: does an audio player need to depend on a video player? Reply with quote

is there any chance that there will be a seperated ebuild for totem's plparser on gentoo? I found out that several rpm and deb based distributions seperate it from totem, too and I think it would be nice to remove rhythmbox' dependency on totem. I guess it would be possible to make totem depend on the plparser ebuild, too.

just my two cents...
mariuslm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.calculatoareonline.ro/

The best
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: