View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lancelet
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: OpenOffice Impress Crashes Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I recently switched from app-office/openoffice-bin to app-office/openoffice, and have found that a number of my Impress presentations (they contain plenty of image files) will cause the program to crash randomly when it loads them. The crashes are extremely sporadic; sometimes everything works perfectly, while at other times I experience a "crash/recover" cycle (with identical files in both instances!).

Does anyone have any suggestions, and is anyone else experiencing similar problems? I'm using gcc-3.3.4 (but I experienced the same crashes on a clean x86 system with its standard gcc version), and my CFLAGS are "-O2 -march=pentium-m -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer -fforce-addr -pipe" (which I've read are relatively conservative). Is the problem more likely to be some aspect of my specific configuration and build settings, or could it be one of the patches applied in the Gentoo build?

In the mean time, I've temporarily gone back to app-office/openoffice-bin, and am once again free from any problems.

Thanks,

Jonathan Merritt.
Aries-Belgium
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what are your USE flags?
Which version of Java do you use?
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have had crashes with openoffice in version 1.5 and 2.0. I'm using openoffice-bin. My crashes have been random, but it usually happens when I am cutting and pasting (large) images quickly.

It's probably an openoffice problem, so I send in the bugreports so hopefully someone figures out whay it's happening.

BTW - This hasn't been a huge issue for me, but an annoyance, since I'm not used to any program bombing.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: