View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FastXSLT
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: thunderbird apparently loops forever Reply with quote

After a bunch of recent emerges with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" (including going to KDE 3.5, new gtk+, etc.) my thunderbird stopped working. It opens up its window, lists the mailboxex and RSS feeds, activates the STOP button, displays the busy/wait cursor, then just continues to take 100% CPU for as long as I let it to. It can only be killed... Did anyone experience this behavior? Or better yet, found the remedy :(
nlindblad
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~x86 is as you know a bit unstable (they are always marked for a very good reason too).

I'd suggest:

Try the stable version
    Set some sane CFLAGS

FastXSLT
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try the stable version of thunderbird but the problem seems related to some other very recent emerges that I've done.
Is there an emerge history somewhere?
nlindblad
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FastXSLT wrote:
I did try the stable version of thunderbird but the problem seems related to some other very recent emerges that I've done.
Is there an emerge history somewhere?

You could always try /var/log/emerge.log
FastXSLT
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: close to "SOLVED" Reply with quote

I now begin to believe that the culprit has been the state of my Mail/Local Folders. I have reinstalled Thunderbird an manually moved my inbox to the new .thunderbird directory and I can open it now (need to move all the other folders as well...) But I do not know what is the nature of that Mail archives state that makes Thunderbird loop forever
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: