drftpd in gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghosterius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: drftpd in gentoo Reply with quote

Well... I was seeking ftpd's, i usually use pure-ftpd since I feel confortable with it and fits my needs... though a few days ago I was travelling around... and I found out this drftpd wich is kinda impressive... allows you to have a lot of features that pure-ftpd just don't have...

full natd support,
fxp support in his best,
personalized login messages,
infos about the uploads and downloads,
nice RAID/LVM support...

etc...

since Gentoo is generalistic and has a lot of nice ftpds... why not add this one to the "collection" of available packs?
codergeek42
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like to see it in Portage, please submit an enhancement request bug for it on Gentoo's Bugzilla. It's even simpler for the developers if you could try to create an ebuild for it as well, perhaps basing it on the ebuild for a related program.

Hope that helps!

Edit: I searched for "ALL drftpd" and received no results, so it's very likely that no such request has yet been made.
ghosterius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! I will work on that ebuild then :) Hopefully I'll make out something nice and sweet for other gentoo users that might be interested in this fantastic FTPD :)
spuniun
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a drFTPd administrator, I've wrestled with the idea of getting it into the Portage tree quite a bit. The problem lies in the nature of drFTPd being such a circumstance-dependant service, that each and every user will require extremely different configurations requiring edits of dependancy classes and additions of various plugin classes. There is truly no generic way to deploy drFTPd and it would require a miriad of new USE flags just to handle the basic scope of possible install variations which would just result in portage cruft.

As it truly only takes 3 or 4 minutes to deploy a stand-alone drFTPd server (with a local slave only) I don't think there is enough benefit to bringing it into portage.
Kalidarn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt useflags are too difficult, some things have massive amounts of useflagage.

There is an open request for it on the bug tracker here: https://bugs.gentoo.org/153793 it would be nice because it could then be covered by the GLSA.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: