Error emerging x11-drm
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p3ctu5
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Error emerging x11-drm Reply with quote

Hi there

i was emerging x11-drm and i get this output

Quote:
/var/tmp/portage/x11-drm-20050502/work/drm/linux-core/sis_mm.c: In function `sis_fb_alloc':
/var/tmp/portage/x11-drm-20050502/work/drm/linux-core/sis_mm.c:92: error: storage size of 'req' isn't known
/var/tmp/portage/x11-drm-20050502/work/drm/linux-core/sis_mm.c:99: warning: implicit declaration of function `sis_malloc'
/var/tmp/portage/x11-drm-20050502/work/drm/linux-core/sis_mm.c:106: warning: implicit declaration of function `sis_free'
/var/tmp/portage/x11-drm-20050502/work/drm/linux-core/sis_mm.c:92: warning: unused variable `req'
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/x11-drm-20050502/work/drm/linux-core/sis_mm.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/x11-drm-20050502/work/drm/linux-core] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.12-gentoo-r6'
make: *** [modules] Error 2
* Portage could not build the DRM modules. If you see an ACCESS DENIED error,
* this could mean that you were using an unsupported kernel build system. All
* 2.4 kernels are supported, but only 2.6 kernels at least as new as 2.6.6
* are supported.

!!! ERROR: x11-base/x11-drm-20050502 failed.

I have kernel : cat /proc/version
Quote:
Linux version 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 (root@localhost) (gcc version 3.4.4 (Gentoo 3.4.4-r1, ssp-3.4.4-1.0, pie-8.7.8)) #12 Tue Dec 6 09:35:53 WET 2005

This is for the video card sis:
the complete command was: VIDEO_CARDS="sis" emerge x11-drm

Does any one had compiled the x11-drm for this chipset ? (i bealive so)

Is this some sort of bug ? or i'm i doing something wrong ? apreciate the help
josh
Guru
Guru

Location: Milky Way: Solar System: Earth: North America: USA: NY: Buffalo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 3d acceleration working for the sis chip on a friends computer a couple of years ago. but I used the sis module that came with the kernel. I enabled "SiS chipset support" for agp and "SiS video cards" (under DRM) as module. I never even tried the x11-drm package. the x11-drm should have a more up-to-date module but this should give you some hope.
p3ctu5
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

josh wrote:
I got 3d acceleration working for the sis chip on a friends computer a couple of years ago. but I used the sis module that came with the kernel. I enabled "SiS chipset support" for agp and "SiS video cards" (under DRM) as module. I never even tried the x11-drm package. the x11-drm should have a more up-to-date module but this should give you some hope.

Thanks josh. That was my solution i've selected tha kernel built-in. But the stange thing appens if i start with DRI when testing with glxgears i get more FPS but i get a black screen, dono.

The x11-drm version doesn't compile from the source it seems it doesn't reconigzes the linux version and fail to include <video/sisfb.h> , passing the linux version when emerging does the trick (i think, at least it compiled). Never the less the modules get some erros loading, so i stick with the kernel version.
wyattgoettsch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: 2.6 NOT supported. Reply with quote

Notice this part of the error output:

Code:
* 2.4 kernels are supported, but only 2.6 kernels at least as new as 2.6.6
* are supported.

Since you're using the Gentoo linux kernel 2.6.12, you need to use the DRM in the kernel. Remember to compile it as a module.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: