Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Recover Mediawiki articles from backup disk (solved)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antares
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Recover Mediawiki articles from backup disk (solved) Reply with quote

Hi all,

I recently needed to reinstall my server for a lot of reasons. Before removing my old gentoo I've made an full backup of my hdd. However, I had a wiki (using mediawiki) and I'd like to recover my articles from my backup and put them in the new installed wiki. I copy the /var/ww/localhost/htdocs/mediawiki directory to my new disk (after emerging mediawiki and all other stuff needed) but I only have my old configuration, my article aren't there.
How can I recover them?

Excuse my english and thank's in advance.

Antares.

Last edited by Antares on Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
coriolan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where's the database? Can you log to the mysql server and check is the stuff still there?
Antares
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a backup of my whole disk and my old databases are in too. I'm really a newbie in mysql. Could I import it to my new mysql server or something like this?
It's certainly a very stupid question but, are the data of the wiki (the article) saved in a databases or in other files on the hdd?
coriolan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediawiki stores the content in a mysql database. You can find the mysql settings you used from Localsettings.php from the variables: $wgDBserver, $wgDBname, $wgDBuser, $wgDBpassword and $wgDBprefix. A simple first guess of what's wrong is that mysqld is not running :wink:
Antares
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just copied my database files to my new mysql server and now everything is working fine ! Thank's
gustafson
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I need some help recovering a wiki page too. I wanted to install a second wiki, so I copied the /var/ww/localhost/htdocs/mediawiki to a different location (as a backup) and the went back to the index.php page which I used to create it. I was able to create a second page using a second mysql database file.

The second page worked, but then the first page did not, returning the following error.

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mediawiki/includes/ObjectCache.php on line 409

So I manually deleted the files that were created in my /var/ww/localhost/htdocs/ and copied the original /var/ww/localhost/htdocs/mediawiki back to its original location. Problems solved, I figured, since I never touched the msql databases themselves. No dice, same error as above.

Any ideas on how to recover this, or even if it can be recovered? Thanks,

PS, since your forum is marked solved I've started a new topic here:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3078924.html#3078924
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: