View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert S
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Kmail: drafts/sent messages in IMAP folders [SOLVED] Reply with quote

I have been unable to get drafts and sent messages to go into their appropriate IMAP folders in kmail. Its only possible to set this up for trash. Drafts and sent are always stored in "Local folders".

I thought that this was just a "feature" of kmail. However, I recently looked at another user's kmail on my system, and found that drafts/sent items were stored in the IMAP folders!

Is there any way of setting up drafts and sent items to be stored in IMAP folders in kmail?

Last edited by Robert S on Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
badchien
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of KDE/Kmail are you using? I have been storing my drafts/sent in IMAP folders at least since kmail 1.8.2/KDE 3.4. If you configure your "Identity" in kmail, you should be able to set the desired folders on the Advanced tab. Do your IMAP folders not show up there, or is there another problem?
Robert S
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant. That seemed to be my main objection to using kmail.

Is there a way of configuring accounts to use different identities? It looks as if you need to use the Default identity, or you can make another identity "sticky", but this setting applies to all accounts.
badchien
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmail is very flexible in this regard. I use it for both my personal and business email, and each has it's own identity. When you compose a message, just go to View and check Identity (if it isn't already) and then you can choose which identity to use to for each message you send. You can actually setup multiple transports too, and that way you manually specify the method/server for sending each message independant of identity, if so desired.
I LOVE the flexibility of kmail. It is my favorite mail client of all time.
Robert S
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look at that. I agree that Kmail is great stuff. Prefer it to Thunderbird which seems to have a few quirks eg. having to set max. number of server connections to cache. Despite my picture I still think that OE is pretty good. :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: