View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeboy
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: xorg on D610 with i915gm Reply with quote

Ok, I've read all of the Latitude D610 thread, and I have the gentoo-wiki HARDWARE page printed out and right in front of me. Problem is, I still can't get X up. Pretty much, I just want to get X up period. I'm not worried about DRI or the 1400x1050 res yet. I am running xorg-6.8.99.15-r4, so I'm thinking that's not the issue. I am also running a genkernel build of 2.6.8-r6, though, and I'm wondering if that's my problem.

So... any of you D610 w/ i915gm guys have some input on required kernel modules or versions that I should check on? Pretty much right now when I try to start X, I loose my ability to see the screen. X definately crashes, and I can see the console in four tiny squares across the top.

Thanks for the input. I'll post the X log and xorg.conf once I get to another system I can copy it onto. Right now I'm having to boot back and forth between linux and windows.
augury
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about the /var/log/Xorg.0.log
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: