gentoo.internetsuccess.ca okay??
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlos123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: gentoo.internetsuccess.ca okay?? Reply with quote

I am thinking of creating easier to follow instructions for installing Gentoo and using Gentoo at my site. As a way of driving more traffic to it and drawing attention to the excellent web hoster of my domains. Which may cause a few to host with them. Leading to a few commission dollars which in turn will justify my spending more time making the instructions the best that they can be.

But I am wondering if gentoo.internetsuccess.ca might cause some confusion in the minds of new users thinking that my site might be connected somehow with the official Gentoo site.

I don't know. It might not be much of a problem since I will be posting prominent displays stating clearly that my site is not connected officially with Gentoo.

I though of the following other choices...

www.internetsuccess.ca/gentoo/<whatever>
www.internetsuccess.ca/g/<whatever>
linux.internetsuccess.ca/<whatever>

but the gentoo.internetsuccess.ca sub-domain seems to be the cleanest solution. That way I can put all the documentation and other tid bits I want into it making it a seperate sub-domain. Entirely seperate from the rest of my site.

Anybody got any thoughts on this sub-domain name? Pro or con? Is this even possible for me to do without running afoul of any trademarks or copyright on the Gentoo name?

Having gentoo in the domain name somewhere will also make it much more likely that the search engines will pick up my sub-domain as being relevant to those searching for Gentoo anything. Which in turn will drive more traffic to my site.

I want to create much easier to follow instructions and believe that I can do so but at the same time I need to find a way to justify spending the time it will take to do it. Hosting such instructions at my site and using that to drive traffic to it is one way to accomplish this.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Carlos
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: