MythTV... Remote stopped working and other new issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
berbs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: MythTV... Remote stopped working and other new issues Reply with quote

My remote control (Grey Hauppauge 150) stopped working after my newly setup MythTV box ran fine for a few days. I tried to restart the machine and restart the lircd service but nothing works. The remote refuses to work. The other issue that popped up is the MythTV screen is now larger than the available screen (the buttons at the bottom in the setup for instance are no longer visible).

I don't recall installing anything related to MythTV on this box except setting up Apache to serve pages over the internet. I believe I also did some updates to the system if available, but I don't recall anything that should have impacted my installation.

In any case, if someone has pointers on how to get out of this situation, I would truly appreciate.

Berbs
opqdan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of lirc do you have installed, and what version of the kernel?

IIRC: Lirc before 7.3_pre1 or something does not play well with >=2.6.14 kernels. There is a 8.0 ebuild in portage that should work fine with newer kernels. You mentioned that you updated somethings, perhaps the kernel was one of them?

As far as the myth menus, make sure that you did not raise the font to big, or it will push the buttons on the bottom off. Try shrinking the fontsize in settings and see if that helps.
berbs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I a using lirc-0.8.0_pre1 the current version in portage did not compile with the latest kernels. I plan to try re-emerge lirc and see if it fixes it. i'll check the fonts again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: