seamonkey 1.0 ebuild
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: seamonkey 1.0 ebuild Reply with quote

I've made (using mozilla 1.7.12 ebuild) ebuild for seamonkey 1.0 beta. It has few issues. All of them are described in this bug report. Ebuild is there as well.

Edit:
I've updated my ebuild for seamonkey 1.0. There is also patched mozilla-launcher ebuild for seamonkey usage. All in bug report.

Edit 2:
Here is the link to the tarball with all files needed to emerge seamonkey. This is recommended way of getting the ebuild.

WARNING! For testing purpose only!
"All I ask for is choice. I want to be able to go into any store you can buy a computer in and say, "I want ______ OS on this computer." Is that too much to ask? We can't always be looking out Windows. We also need to get work done." - Bill Olson

Last edited by Rafal_Glazar on Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
thoffmeyer
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try it out!

Join us on IRC
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #conrad
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is odd that when i edit my post this forum acts like nothing changed inside this thread. So here is another post to make it think this thread has changes.
"All I ask for is choice. I want to be able to go into any store you can buy a computer in and say, "I want ______ OS on this computer." Is that too much to ask? We can't always be looking out Windows. We also need to get work done." - Bill Olson
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a tarball with all files needed for emerging seamonkey. It is here. Just download it, untar to your portage overlay and emerge.

PS. I had to delete my ~/.mozilla directory for all things to work. Good thing that I can restore my Bookmarks and History just by copying bookmarks.html and history.dat
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I like my browsers to be as full figured as my computers I tried to use this ebuild to install seamonkey on my dual opteron machine setting "~x86" as a keyword but it craps out with:

Code:

x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DGENTOO_NSPLUGINS_DIR=\"/usr/lib64/nsplugins\" -DGENTOO_NSBROWSER_PLUGINS_DIR=\"/usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins\"  -I/usr/X11R6/include  -W -Wno-unused -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wno-long-long -march=k8 -pipe -fPIC -Wno-return-type -w -pthread -pipe  -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -ffunction-sections -O1 -fPIC -shared -Wl,-h -Wl,libmozjs.so -Wl,-R/usr/lib64/seamonkey -o libmozjs.so  jsapi.o jsarena.o jsarray.o jsatom.o jsbool.o jscntxt.o jsdate.o jsdbgapi.o jsdhash.o jsdtoa.o jsemit.o jsexn.o jsfun.o jsgc.o jshash.o jsinterp.o jslock.o jslog2.o jslong.o jsmath.o jsnum.o jsobj.o jsopcode.o jsparse.o jsprf.o jsregexp.o jsscan.o jsscope.o jsscript.o jsstr.o jsutil.o jsxdrapi.o jsxml.o prmjtime.o      -Wl,-R/usr/lib64/seamonkey   -lm -ldl -L../../dist/lib -lplds4 -lplc4 -lnspr4 -lpthread -ldl -ldl -lm
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.0.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: creating a DT_TEXTREL in object.
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.0.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: jsapi.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against `memset@@GLIBC_2.2.5' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.0.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Seamonkey compiles and installs fine for me using the source from cvs and configuring with "--enable-application=suite --enable-optimize --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --enable-xft --enable-extensions=all".
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to change my ebuild by editing the line
Code:

KEYWORDS="~x86"

into
Code:

KEYWORDS="~x86 ~amd64"

then make new digest using command
Code:

ebuild /<path_to_your_portage_overlay>/www-client/seamonkey/seamonkey-1.0.ebuild digest

and reemerge.
I think eclass thinks you have x86 arch and does not add -fPIC to your compilation flags.
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rafal_Glazar wrote:
Try to change my ebuild by editing the line
Code:

KEYWORDS="~x86"

into
Code:

KEYWORDS="~x86 ~amd64"

then make new digest using command
Code:

ebuild /<path_to_your_portage_overlay>/www-client/seamonkey/seamonkey-1.0.ebuild digest

and reemerge.
I think eclass thinks you have x86 arch and does not add -fPIC to your compilation flags.

Sadly still no go. I tried it even though I had already experimented by adding -fPIC to my flags and fiddling with the eclass and ebuild to make it work. I even tried compiling it with gcc-3.4.5 instead of 4.0.2, which builds firefox and thunderbird just fine. If it weren't for the fact that cvs compiles without trouble I would think the problem is inherent to the java script module, but it does.

EDIT:

I got this warning when trying to install the skypilot classic theme with my cvs build...

Code:

You must have Javascript enabled and meet the other requirements listed below to install this theme.

...so there may be an error with the java script module after all.
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post USE flag that you used? And your emerge info.
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure.

Code:

Portage 2.1_pre4-r1 (default-linux/amd64/2006.0, gcc-4.0.2, glibc-2.3.6-r2, 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 x86_64 AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246
Gentoo Base System version 1.12.0_pre15
dev-lang/python:     2.3.5-r2, 2.4.2
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.59-r7
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1-r1
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.11-r3
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/kde/3/share/config /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/env.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="amd64 X Xaw3d a52 aac aalib accessibility alsa arts audiofile avi berkdb bitmap-fonts bzip2 cdr crypt cups divx4linux doc dri dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss encode esd fbcon ffmpeg flac foomaticdb fortran gcj gif glut gnome gphoto2 gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal imagemagick imlib ipv6 ithreads joystick jpeg kde kdeenablefinal kqemu lm_sensors lzw lzw-tiff mad mikmod mime mng mozilla mp3 mpeg ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin objc ogg oggvorbis openal opengl pam pdflib perl png posix ppds python qt quicktime readline scanner sdl slang sndfile snmp spell ssl svg tcltk tcpd theora threads tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode usb userlocales v4l vcd videos vorbis xine xinerama xml2 xmms xpm xv xvid zlib elibc_glibc input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse kernel_linux userland_GNU video_cards_ati"
Unset:  ASFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS

And here's gcc-config

Code:

[1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.5
 [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.5-hardened
 [3] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.5-hardenednopie
 [4] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.5-hardenednopiessp
 [5] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.5-hardenednossp
 [6] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.0.2 *

This system particular system was built from scratch using gcc-4.0.2 and using modular xorg.
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is summary of my work since my last post.

I tried to make ebuild using mozcoreconf and mozconfig-2 and this is the outcome:

1. It looks like some flags from mozcoreconf breaks seamonkey. It does compile but does not start giving error:
seamonkey-bin exit with non-zero status (or soething like that)
those flags are --enable-single-profile --disable-profilesharing --disable-profilelocking.

2. I've made new ebuild using mozconfig and here are the changes (tarball is updated):

- I've renamed mozconfig-3 back to mozconfig and change ebuild accordingly,

- I've added --enable-canvas because someone told that it works partialy and ./configure --help gives me this flag so I think that canvas is disabled by default,

- I did comment out line adding -enable-extensions=gnomevfs because it is compiled just by setting --enable-gnomevfs

- I did the same with mozconfig_use_extension postgres sql because it sets -enable-extensions=-sql when the postgres USE flag is not set and that is no needed and I've added mozconfig_annotate '' --enable-extensions=sql when postgres is set (by the way if enyone know what is this needed for e-mail me about it)

4. Chatzilla might not work in some cases and I still don't know why.

5. I've added ~amd64 keyword and I'm asking for anyone on that arch to try it and email me if it works, USE flag used and emerge info (my email is in the bug).

Thanks
Rafal
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a workaround for gcc-4.0.* on amd64 here. Using this the 1.0 source compiled correctly.
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks EzInKy. Ebuild (or to be precise eclass) updated. Just get the latest tarball from here or get the new mozconfig.eclass from the bug (no need for new digest).
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have moved amd64 hack from eclass to ebuild.
chrisashton84
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using all the newest files from the bug report, I cannot get this to compile...
1) I had to add
Code:
mozconfig_annotate '' --enable-application=browser
to the ebuild to get it to start compiling.

2) On ~amd64 with gcc x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.5 I get
Code:

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.5/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: creating a DT_TEXTREL in object.
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.5/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: jsapi.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against `memset@@GLIBC_2.2.5' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.5/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value

I do not know why I get this error as it's supposedly just gcc 4 specific, correct? Any suggestions of what to try?
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To chrisashton84:
1) Did you get the tarball or just ebuild. If just ebuild then best option is to get the tarball and unpack it to your PORTAGE_OVERLAY. If you did get tarball, then for some reason ebuild is getting eclass from your portage. To change this the simplest way will be renaming eclass to mozconfig-3.eclass and editing ebuild by changing line
Code:

inherit flag-o-matic toolchain-funcs eutils mozconfig mozilla-launcher makeedit multilib

into
Code:

inherit flag-o-matic toolchain-funcs eutils mozconfig-3 mozilla-launcher makeedit multilib

And BTW it should be mozconfig_annotate '' --enable-application=suite not mozconfig_annotate '' --enable-application=browser because you are building Suite not Firefox.

2) This bug might not be GCC4 specific. On some systems it might affect GCC 3.4 also. It looks like Gentoo is one of those systems. New ebuild should fix it now.
Noyan
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

works perfect here with gcc4..i can say it is faster than firefox
chrisashton84
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First problem was my mistake - I had the eclass named wrong.

Second problem was fixed with the new ebuild - thanks :D

When compiling with
Code:
www-client/seamonkey-1.0  USE="crypt ipv6 mozcalendar moznoirc ssl truetype xprint -debug -gnome -java -ldap -mozdevelop -moznocompose -moznomail -moznoroaming -moznoxft -postgres -xinerama"
I errored out during the compile (different error, sorry I don't have it). Enabling java and ldap randomly fixed the problem and it works great!
irondog
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed seamonkey using the ebuild. Damn, just as fucked-up as firefox 1.5 under linux. Scrolling big pages is awfully slow. The same counts for resizing fonts.

Thanks for providing the ebuild, but I'll stay on Firefox 1.0.7.
Psycho Dad
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem with the downloadmanager:
when it is used, X takes around 50% and seamonkey nearly the other 50% of the CPU-power for around 5 seconds (latest ebuild). Anyone with the same problem?
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did update the ebuild. Now it uses newer eclasses. It is compiled against system NSPR and NSS. I also add some patches that I think will solve AMD64 bug more proper way. Enigmail is out of the ebuild so there will be another ebuild for it. All those changes were made to make this ebuild more consistent with the way Gentoo devs are making Firefox-Thunderbird-Enigmail ebuilds.
steffmeister
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried the ebuild yesterday, must say i like seamonkey except of some minor things, but thats okay....

the problem i've got now is, that seamonkey uninstalled my mozilla, okay, no problem so far, but yelp (gnome help browser) is now broken because it needs mozilla (for rendering?)... devhelp will also not work...

some ideas?
Rafal_Glazar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, that Seamonkey puts files in different place. Seamonkey installs files into /usr/lib/seamonkey and Mozilla Suite into /usr/lib/mozilla. Also they might not be 100% compatible so in order to use packages that depends on Mozilla (or Gecko) you need to rebuild it against seamonkey. The fact is that seamonkey is new so not many packages have right option in configure script. Yelp 2.12.2 does compile against Seamonkey. Devhelp doesn't (It does not have right configure option). Another package I know is Epiphany and although epiphany 1.8.4.1 have --with-mozilla=seamonkey option it does not compile against Seamonkey. On the other hand Epiphany 1.9.6 does compile.

So to sum it up my ebuild is for testing purpose only and if you want to have it the right way wait for the one in portage.
steffmeister
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, thanks for the quick answer and that was exactly the information i needed... i will update yelp, devhelp is not that important to me and i'm not using epiphany anyway...

however, I hope the 'official' ebuild will come out soon...
Psycho Dad
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with Downloadmanager is solved with latest ebuild.
Thank you!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: