gtkpod suddenly loading directory slooooow
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eduardo451
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: gtkpod suddenly loading directory slooooow Reply with quote

I updated to the unstable gtkpod, and suddenly it is taking forever for my files to load, which must complete before I can add new music to my ipod. I looked at the gtkpod docs for advice, only to find that the readme file mentions this as an, issue but it was never like this for me before. And it's not just when I first fire up gtkpod, anytime I go back to a tab it takes just as long to load everything. I have under 800 files, and it takes 2-3 minutes after clicking on a tab (All, Artist, Album, whatever) before I can do anything again with gtkpod. I tried switching back to stable, but no luck. I also manually synced iTunesDB from the toolbar, with no change. Any ideas why this is happening? Gtkpod used to come up right away, or at least be fine after the initial startup. Now it's unbearable. :cry:

EDIT

The problem has suddenly gone away. I don't know if it's a reboot that did it, or if my computer is just less taxed now, but it now takes less than 10 seconds instead of a few minutes. Weird.
drawsmcgraw
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having, kind of, that problem. Many many moons ago, gtkPod worked nice and neat and quickly. Now, when I click on a tab, my CPU spikes to 100% and it sits there doing..... something, and takes 10-20 seconds to become available again. This also randomly happens when I go to exit as well. Not exactly as long as you were saying, but this is definitely a downgrade for me, and I never left the 'stable' version. Currently running 0.94.0. Any progress so far?

-Dennis Miller
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: