View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brainiac_ghost
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and nesl247 are going to be making stage 3 for conrad and conrad dev edition: nesl will be doing dev edition with the following arch's: athlon64 (with the i686 chost), athlon-xp, pentium4 and i686, i will be doing basic install with: athlon64 (sse3, i686 chost), athlon64 (sse2, i686 chost), athlon-xp, i686_
mirek
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I use option ccache on this liveCD? I will use config.files like .config fstab xorg.conf from my backupCD.
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirek wrote:
Can I use option ccache on this liveCD? I will use config.files like .config fstab xorg.conf from my backupCD.

Hmm, I am not following you :(

Are you referring to the Conrad Install LiveCD? -, if so, I do know know because I never tried :X
Lost in android development land.
bigbob73
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have trouble building wxGTK. it's the only one that wouldn't rebuild after upgrading to gcc 4.0.3

snip..../bk-make-pch .pch/wxprec_basedll/wx/wxprec.h.gch wx/wxprec.h i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -I.pch/wxprec_basedll -D__WXGTK__ -DwxUSE_GUI=0 -DWXMAKINGDLL_BASE -DwxUSE_BASE=1 -fPIC -DPIC -DWX_PRECOMP -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -Ilib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-release-2.6 -I/var/tmp/portage/wxGTK-2.6.2-r1/work/wxWidgets-2.6.2/include -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -O2 -march=pentium4 -fweb -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer -pipe -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wl,-O1 -pthread -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -Wall -Wundef -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.0.3-20060126/../../../crt1.o: In function `_start':
init.c:(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [.pch/wxprec_basedll/wx/wxprec.h.gch] Error 1

!!! ERROR: x11-libs/wxGTK-2.6.2-r1 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1894: Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh, line 941: Called src_compile
wxGTK-2.6.2-r1.ebuild, line 50: Called configure_build 'compile' 'gtk2' 'unicode'

!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
Flup
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttons wrote:
Nevermind. Whenever compiling a system with the X2 processor, I get the following errors:

ERROR: <something cannot be run> until sysinit completes!

for all boot and default services (while booting)

I had the same problem. Rebooting the system a second time, like someone suggested here, made the problem disapear.

But then I had an other problem. I have my /usr, /var and /tmp directories on sepparate (reiser4) partitions, so I added entries for them in fstab. While booting, I got a message that the system was unable to boot them because of an invalid option. After looking in dmesg, that invalid option turned out to be 'notail'. Apparently, this option is not supported by reiser4. I actually think that option isn't needed anyway. This is what the mount manual page says about it (in the 'reiserfs options' section):
Code:

[b]notail[/b]
By default, reiserfs stores small files and `file tails' directly into its tree. This confuses some utilities such as LILO(8). This option is used to disable packing of files into the tree.

Doesn't seem you gain any speed with it... It's only bootloader related.

In my fstab, I also added the 'notail' option for my root (/) partition (also reiser4), and that seemed to mount ok. I have no idea how that is possible :?

So, buttons, although I didn't had to remove the 'notail' option from my fstab to fix the problem you described, it may solve the problem for you (if you use different partitions for the various directories in your filesystem). If it doesn't, you will have to find what the problem may cause. Because it is init related, you will have to read the section about the init process in the normal gentoo installation docs and the man pages for init and inittab. Because I looked for it myself, I will give you what I found this far (related to the problem):
The reason you get a message like '<something cannot be run> until sysinit completes' is in /sbin/runscript.sh (*), lines 19 to 23:
Code:

# Stop init scripts from working until sysinit completes
if [[ -e /dev/.rcsysinit ]] ; then
    eerror "ERROR:  cannot run ${myservice} until sysinit completes"
    exit 1
fi

So that means there's a file in /dev, called .rcsysinit, that should not be there. So while the initscripts are executed, there must be a command that removes that file. That command can be found in /sbin/rc.

The first thing init does is executing the following command: /sbin/rc sysinit
/sbin/rc is a startup script that expects different arguments (which 'sysinit' is one of). On approximately line 100 there's an if then statement that 'selects' the sysinit argument and then executes the commands in the statement. First you'll have to make sure the if statement is true. If that's the case, you'll have to look in the if then statement to see what's going wrong. The command to remove .rcsysinit is executed on the end of it.

I hope you understood a bit of all what I've written here and that you can fix your problem with it. If something is unclear, ask it :wink:
Oh, and btw, I have an x86 architecture, so it has nothing to do with your architecture. I also run a nitro-kernel.

(*) I guess runscript.sh executes all the scripts you added to your runlevels, although there's always #!/sbin/runscript on top if every initscript. That would mean /sbin/runscript executes /sbin/runscript.sh... Also, there's another runscript.sh file in /etc/init.d/ also, so I'm not sure wich one is actually executed. But /sbin/runscript.sh makes most sense :)
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbob73 wrote:
anyone have trouble building wxGTK. it's the only one that wouldn't rebuild after upgrading to gcc 4.0.3

snip..../bk-make-pch .pch/wxprec_basedll/wx/wxprec.h.gch wx/wxprec.h i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -I.pch/wxprec_basedll -D__WXGTK__ -DwxUSE_GUI=0 -DWXMAKINGDLL_BASE -DwxUSE_BASE=1 -fPIC -DPIC -DWX_PRECOMP -DNO_GCC_PRAGMA -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -Ilib/wx/include/gtk2-ansi-release-2.6 -I/var/tmp/portage/wxGTK-2.6.2-r1/work/wxWidgets-2.6.2/include -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -O2 -march=pentium4 -fweb -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer -pipe -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wl,-O1 -pthread -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -Wall -Wundef -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.0.3-20060126/../../../crt1.o: In function `_start':

Call stack:
wxGTK-2.6.2-r1.ebuild, line 50: Called configure_build 'compile' 'gtk2' 'unicode'

!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

Hmm, I do not have this problem, but it looks like a LDFLAGS Problem, try doing this, LDFLAGS="" emerge wxGTK, and see if it will build. also, remove the -Wl,-O1 in the CXXFLAGS just for this build and then see if it will work.
RobNyc
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loading ALSA modules...
loading: snd-seq-oss..
FATAL: Error inserting snd_seq_oss (/lib/modules/2.6.15-no3/kernel/sound/core/seq/oss/snd-seq-oss.ko): Invalid arg
* Loading: snd-pcm-oss...
FATAL: Error inserting snd_pcm_oss (/lib/modules/2.6.15-no3/kernel/sound/core/oss/snd-pcm-oss.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown paramter (see dmesg)
* Loading: snd-seq-oss ...
FATAL: Error inserting snd_seq_oss (/lib/modules/2.6.15-no3/kernel/sound/core/seq/oss/snd-seq-oss.ko): Invalid ar
* Loading: snd-pcm-oss ...
FATAL: Error inserting snd_pcm_oss (/lib/modules/2.6.15-no3/kernel/sound/core/oss/snd-pcm-oss.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown paramter (see dmesg)
* Restoring Mixer Levels...
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:894: warning: name misatch (IEC958 Playback Route/IEC958 Playback Source) for control #41
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:896: warning: index mismatch (0/0) for control #41
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:898: failed to obtain info for control #41 (Operation not permitted)
* Errors while restoring defaults, ignoring
* Some file in '/etc/{conf.d,init.d}' have Modification time in the future!

... my lspci shows

Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller
bigbob73
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
bigbob73 wrote:

Call stack:

!!! emake failed

Hmm, I do not have this problem, but it looks like a LDFLAGS Problem, try doing this, LDFLAGS="" emerge wxGTK, and see if it will build. also, remove the -Wl,-O1 in the CXXFLAGS just for this build and then see if it will work.

Thanks! that got it.

Bigbob
p4r0l3
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobNYC: I had the same problem not too long ago. I'm guessing you compiled your kernel without alsa support and emerged alsa-utils? IF I remember correctly, the problem was that two sets of those modules were trying to load at once. (I may be wrong.) What I did to fix the problem was remove EVERYTHING related to alsa and oss, unmerge it all, then re-emerge alsa-utils. For some reason alsaconf didn't work for me after doing so, so I had to manually edit my alsa file to load the right modules at startup. Head over to the kororaa.org forums if you want to read about my troubles with it. This last install I just compiled my kernel with alsa support....alot easier! :)
RobNyc
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p4r0l3 wrote:
RobNYC: I had the same problem not too long ago. I'm guessing you compiled your kernel without alsa support and emerged alsa-utils? IF I remember correctly, the problem was that two sets of those modules were trying to load at once. (I may be wrong.) What I did to fix the problem was remove EVERYTHING related to alsa and oss, unmerge it all, then re-emerge alsa-utils. For some reason alsaconf didn't work for me after doing so, so I had to manually edit my alsa file to load the right modules at startup. Head over to the kororaa.org forums if you want to read about my troubles with it. This last install I just compiled my kernel with alsa support....alot easier! :)
Sure .. link me
p4r0l3
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kororaa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=245

and

http://www.kororaa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=271

good luck ;)
RobNyc
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p4r0l3 wrote:
http://www.kororaa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=245

and

http://www.kororaa.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=271

good luck ;)

THanks. but the first link is for Kororaa users using mixed system . I'm using pure ~x86 or + the second seems u got the same errors as me =]
RobNyc
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheater..

a suggestion here..

You should add ... kdebase-meta , (kde-meta installs just about everything in kde and it takes way too long) and kde its long too, kdebase-meta is about the best start.
rituko_a
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
encoding.l: In function 'int yylex(char*, Encodings_t&)':
encoding.l:111: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
encoding.l:143: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
encoding.l:147: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
parser.cpp: At global scope:
parser.cpp:1587: error: declaration of 'int isatty(int)' throws different exceptions
/usr/include/unistd.h:743: error: than previous declaration 'int isatty(int) throw ()'
parser.cpp:1363: warning: 'void yyunput(int, char*)' defined but not used
make: *** [parser.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

!!! ERROR: x11-apps/ttmkfdir-3.0.9-r3 failed.
Call stack:

glibc-2.3.90.20060121
gcc-4.0.3.20060202-r1
binutils-2.16.1-r1
libstdc++-v3-3.3.6
libtool-1.5.22

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -fweb -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wl,-O1"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--sort-common -s"
barry
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When doing the first few steps (AMD64 not x86) I get these messages on dmesg while building libstdc++-v3. I tried building it again, and the messages are repeated:

conftest[16821]: segfault at 0000000000000080 rip 00002aaaaacf3438 rsp 00007ffffff12cb0 error 4
conftest[22955]: segfault at 0000000000000040 rip 000000005559b3eb rsp 00000000ffffbabc error 4

It happens on both the stable and ~amd64 versions of libstdc++-v3, before and after the toolchain rebuild (I am using gcc 4.0.2-r3, not 4.0.3).
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rituko_a wrote:
Quote:
encoding.l:111: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
encoding.l:143: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
encoding.l:147: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
parser.cpp:1587: error: declaration of 'int isatty(int)' throws different exceptions
/usr/include/unistd.h:743: error: than previous declaration 'int isatty(int) throw ()'

Call stack:

glibc-2.3.90.20060121
gcc-4.0.3.20060202-r1
binutils-2.16.1-r1
libstdc++-v3-3.3.6
libtool-1.5.22

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -fweb -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer -ftracer -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wl,-O1"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,--sort-common -s"

Hmm, I have not gotten that error on building that package, it may very well be the -frename-registers or LDFLAGS.

you can try LDFLAGS="" emerge ttmkfdir, for now. Some packages are not used to seeing the LDFLAGS and they break on the compile.

barry wrote:
When doing the first few steps (AMD64 not x86) I get these messages on dmesg while building libstdc++-v3. I tried building it again, and the messages are repeated:

conftest[16821]: segfault at 0000000000000080 rip 00002aaaaacf3438 rsp 00007ffffff12cb0 error 4
conftest[22955]: segfault at 0000000000000040 rip 000000005559b3eb rsp 00000000ffffbabc error 4

It happens on both the stable and ~amd64 versions of libstdc++-v3, before and after the toolchain rebuild (I am using gcc 4.0.2-r3, not 4.0.3)."

Hmm, is this proving to be a fatal issue? Or is it causing intense problems that are causing harm to anything? If it is a fatal issue I would attempt to debug it further, are you doing the guide as-is? or making any CFLAG/make.conf adjustments.
barry
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmm, is this proving to be a fatal issue?

It doesn't seem to prevent libstdc++-v3 from building, but I'm obviously worried about the messages as they're far from normal. I tried reinstalling again from scratch and it still occurs - I even finished the installation and booted into the new kernel and tried again - same messages. So far it's only happned on libstdc++-v3.

I'm using the safest possible CFLAGS (-O2 -march=k8 -pipe only) and no overlays.
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barry wrote:
Quote:
Hmm, is this proving to be a fatal issue?

It doesn't seem to prevent libstdc++-v3 from building, but I'm obviously worried about the messages as they're far from normal. I tried reinstalling again from scratch and it still occurs - I even finished the installation and booted into the new kernel and tried again - same messages. So far it's only happned on libstdc++-v3.

I'm using the safest possible CFLAGS (-O2 -march=k8 -pipe only) and no overlays.

Hmm, This has not happened to me before, if it has I didnt know it anyway.
I would stop after first build of toolkit, build a minimal kernel maybe, and boot up the system in a empty condition, if it seems to run flawless you can continue with the installation from there.

I am sure they are not normal, I have not seen them, but if it builds I would test to make sure it boots first.
taylorpendley
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get same dyn_compile on libstdc++-v3 too

i think i am getting this dyn_compile error down this

i am able to compile the packages sometimes and others times im not

it seems that i have to emerge linux-headers, binutils, all the automake pkg's and autoconf pkg's, libtool, file, which, patch after emerging glibc and gcc for the last time, i think its one of those pkg's or maybe some of them that fix the issue

i think that works but i am going to test it for sure later tonight

i think thats why i can usually emerge those pkg's after emerge -e world, because it emerges all the packages i mentioned above

its hard though because the times i am able to actually compile all the packages i get the dyn_compile error for (all versions of xorg, gpm libstdc++, libsigc++, uclibc++, sometimes baselayout, db sometimes, kdb sometimes) are so few and far between its hard to pin it down to any particular thing

i will keep trying though until i get a successfuly install with no dyn_compile errors

ALSO just a side note:
i have tried every combination of CFLAGS CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS, stripped them down to pratically nothing and they never fix the error
rituko_a
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you can try LDFLAGS="" emerge ttmkfdir, for now. Some packages are not used to seeing the LDFLAGS and they break on the compile.

Strange... i tried w\o LDFLAGS, w\o CFLAGS, w\o CXXFLAGS... same result O__o

btw mysql don't want to compile too...

Quote:
sql_insert.cc: In function ‘int check_update_fields(THD*, TABLE_LIST*, List<Item>&)’:
sql_insert.cc:241: fatal error: internal consistency failure
compilation terminated.

So it went smooth w\o -frename-registers...
Still dont know what to do with ttmkfdir... did it went smooth for you?
And... good luck to me, system reemerged, world too... i'll reboot ))
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
rituko_a wrote:
Quote:

Call stack:

LDFLAGS arent that problem, im getting this error add i fixed it with the flex overlay from this post.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-431329-highlight-ttmkfdir.html

i just got everything compiled 1.5dev version, but kde wont log in its complaning

Code:
kdmgreet: WARNING: KLocale; trying to look up "" in catalog. Fix the program
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing

than kdm restarts and does the same thing, i merged flex with the overlay, then ttmkfdir compiled cleanly, now im remerging xorg 6.9.0 hope that fixes it..
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seren wrote:
Quote:
rituko_a wrote:
Quote:

Call stack:

LDFLAGS arent that problem, im getting this error add i fixed it with the flex overlay from this post.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-431329-highlight-ttmkfdir.html

i just got everything compiled 1.5dev version, but kde wont log in its complaning

Code:
kdmgreet: WARNING: KLocale; trying to look up "" in catalog. Fix the program
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing

than kdm restarts and does the same thing, i merged flex with the overlay, then ttmkfdir compiled cleanly, now im remerging xorg 6.9.0 hope that fixes it..

Thankyou seren, this will go into the Dev. Edition guide, and this guide if required.
moeeeep
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for this great guide.

I had a big problem last week: I couldn't boot. Obviously it hade something to do with the kernel (no-sources and nitro-sources had the same problem).
After grub I the kernel started but hanged after 49% of the bootsplash. I used reiser4 that time. This week I started from scratch, I installed a Gentoo Stage 3 first to check if everything was running. Then I walked through the installation process of the conrad guide. I am using reiser3.6 now (I didn't wanted to work on windoze for another week).

It would be great if you could add support to change the resolution and the frequency at the boot prompt of the live cd manually. 60Hz on a CRT is very bothering

greetz moeeeep
Riplix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When rebuilding the toolkit (precisely when rebuilding the libtool package) I get the following error:
!!! ERROR: sys-devel/libtool-1.5.22 failed.
Call stack:
libtool-1.5.22.ebuild, line 128: Called econf

!!! econf failed

I've tried disabling LDFLAGS and also other flag options...
Moreover when untaring the stage3 tarball... the untar was successfully finished but it printed an error (something like "Finished from previous error").

Any ideas?
Thnx.
nesl247
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to post the few lines before that...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: