View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6D7474
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just finished rebuilding kde-3.5.2 (with visibility enabled) against qt-3.3.6 without risky flag on ~amd64 and so far i haven't noticed any problems :)
thx for the overlay nxsty!
Headrush
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nxsty's qt 3.3.5 overlay worked without issues.
I downloaded new 3.3.6 version and several hundred undefined reference errors when compiling in domtool.cpp and parser.cpp.
Code:
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5475): undefined reference to `QDomNode::isNull() const'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x54fb): undefined reference to `QDomElement::tagName() const'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5507): undefined reference to `operator==(QString const&, QString const&)'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5524): undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x552b): undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5544): undefined reference to `QDomElement::~QDomElement()'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5551): undefined reference to `QDomElement::~QDomElement()'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5577): undefined reference to `QString::QString(char const*)'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5589): undefined reference to `QString::null'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x558e): undefined reference to `QDomElement::attribute(QString const&, QString const&) const'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x55e2): undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x55e9): undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5608): undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
domtool.cpp:(.text+0x5613): undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'
.obj/release-shared-mt/parser.o: In function `Parser::cleanArgs(QString const&)':
parser.cpp:(.text+0x2a): undefined reference to `QString::QString(QString const&)'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x3c): undefined reference to `QString::fromAscii(char const*, int)'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x4e): undefined reference to `QString::find(QString const&, int, bool) const'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x7e9): undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x819): undefined reference to `QString::QString(QString const&)'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x826): undefined reference to `QString::operator+=(QString const&)'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x833): undefined reference to `QString::operator=(QString const&)'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x84e): undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x855): undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x874): undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
parser.cpp:(.text+0x87f): undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [../../../bin/uic] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.3.6/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.6/tools/designer/uic'
make[2]: *** [sub-uic] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.3.6/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.6/tools/designer'
make[1]: *** [sub-designer] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/qt-3.3.6/work/qt-x11-free-3.3.6/tools'
make: *** [sub-tools] Error 2

Any ideas?

Edit: Removing the risky USE flag allowed it to compile. (It worked with USE="risky" with qt-3.3.5 though.)

Last edited by Headrush on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
abhay
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6D7474 wrote:
i just finished rebuilding kde-3.5.2 (with visibility enabled) against qt-3.3.6 without risky flag on ~amd64 and so far i haven't noticed any problems :)

...but if we don't enable the risky flag on QT then wouldn't the visibility stuff be filtered by itself? :S
Sorry I am confused.
vipernicus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will KDE run with QT 4.1.1? The other day I did an emerge -e world and walked away, accidently emerged QT 4.1.1, but no KDE apps crashed like I expected. Is there a compatibility layer?
Headrush
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipernicus wrote:
Will KDE run with QT 4.1.1? The other day I did an emerge -e world and walked away, accidently emerged QT 4.1.1, but no KDE apps crashed like I expected. Is there a compatibility layer?

There was supposed to be compatibility libraries, but I don't know how complete they are.
If you leave it at 4.1, you might have to be careful when trying to compile any new KDE apps to make sure they use the correct libraries for your needs.
kmare
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipernicus wrote:

qt4 is slotted.. so you didn't exactly upgraded from qt3 to qt4, you still have your qt3 installed.
Headrush
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmare wrote:
qt4 is slotted.. so you didn't exactly upgraded from qt3 to qt4, you still have your qt3 installed.

kmare is right, doh. :oops:

Qt4 does have a compatibility layer, but its not exactly a drop in replacement for a pre-compiled program.
Old Qt3 programs would just need to change functions name adding a 3 after it for libraries that have been deleted or change alot in Qt4. Then with a recompile they should still run under Qt4.

Trolltech wrote:
Qt 3 Support Layer

Qt 4 provides an extension library that applications based on Qt 3, called Qt3Support, that Qt applications can link against. This allows for more compatibility than ever before, without bloating Qt.
Classes that have been replaced by a different class with the same name, such as QListView, and classes that no longer exist in Qt 4 are available with a 3 in their name (e.g., Q3ListView, Q3Accel).
Other classes provide compatibility functions. Most of these are implemented inline, so that they don't bloat the Qt libraries.
Shyru
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: kdepim 3.5.2 failed to emerge Reply with quote

kdepim 3.5.2 fails to emerge with the following error:

Code:

cryptplug.cpp:720: warning: 'gpgme_sig_stat_t' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:233)
cryptplug.cpp:742: warning: 'gpgme_sig_stat_t' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:233)
cryptplug.cpp: In function 'gpgme_sig_stat_t intersect_stati(_gpgme_signature*)':
cryptplug.cpp:746: warning: 'gpgme_sig_stat_t' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:233)
cryptplug.cpp: At global scope:
cryptplug.cpp:754: warning: 'gpgme_sig_stat_t' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:233)
cryptplug.cpp:796: warning: 'gpgme_sig_stat_t' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:233)
cryptplug.cpp: In function 'void obtain_signature_information(gpgme_context*, gpgme_sig_stat_t&, CryptPlug::SignatureMetaData*, char**, const char*, bool*)':
cryptplug.cpp:868: warning: 'gpgme_get_sig_key' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:788)
cryptplug.cpp:868: warning: 'gpgme_get_sig_key' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:788)
cryptplug.cpp:950: warning: 'gpgme_sig_stat_t' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:233)
cryptplug.cpp: In member function 'bool CryptPlug::checkMessageSignature(char**, const char*, bool, int, CryptPlug::SignatureMetaData*, char**, const char*)':
cryptplug.cpp:971: warning: 'gpgme_sig_stat_t' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:233)
cryptplug.cpp: In member function 'bool CryptPlug::decryptAndCheckMessage(const char*, bool, int, const char**, const char*, bool*, CryptPlug::SignatureMetaData*, int*, char**, char**, const char*)':
cryptplug.cpp:1048: warning: 'gpgme_sig_stat_t' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/gpgme/gpgme.h:233)
cryptplugwrapper.cpp:141: warning: unused parameter 'fallbackUnknowAttrsHandling'
cryptplugwrapper.cpp: In constructor 'CryptPlugWrapper::CryptPlugWrapper(const QString&, const QString&, const QString&, bool)':
cryptplugwrapper.cpp:432: warning: unused variable 'ok'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION    -o libkleopatra.la -rpath /usr/kde/3.5/lib64 -L/usr/kde/3.5/lib64 -L/usr/qt/3/lib64 -L/usr/lib64    -version-info 1:0:0 -no-undefined -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined cryptplug.lo cryptplugwrapper.lo cryptplugwrapperlist.lo cryptplugfactory.lo kleo/libkleopatra_core.la backends/qgpgme/libkleopatra_backend_qgpgme.la backends/chiasmus/libkleopatra_backend_chiasmus.la ui/libkleopatra_ui.la ../../libkdenetwork/qgpgme/libqgpgme.la -lkio -lkdeui
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1-pre20060406/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: creating a DT_TEXTREL in object.
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1-pre20060406/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: backends/chiasmus/.libs/libkleopatra_backend_chiasmus.a(chiasmusbackend.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against `QValueListPrivate<unsigned int>::QValueListPrivate()' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1-pre20060406/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
make[4]: *** [libkleopatra.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdepim-3.5.2/work/kdepim-3.5.2/certmanager/lib'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdepim-3.5.2/work/kdepim-3.5.2/certmanager/lib'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdepim-3.5.2/work/kdepim-3.5.2/certmanager'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdepim-3.5.2/work/kdepim-3.5.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdepim-3.5.2 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1526:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 923:   Called src_compile
  kdepim-3.5.2.ebuild, line 21:   Called kde_src_compile
  kde.eclass, line 113:   Called kde_src_compile 'all'
  kde.eclass, line 234:   Called kde_src_compile 'myconf' 'configure' 'make'
  kde.eclass, line 230:   Called die

!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

This is my system:
AMD64, nxsty's gcc-overlay, binutils-overlay, qt-overlay and kde.eclass patch for hidden visibility in kde.

I first compiled qt with the risky flag, and altough i heard that kdevelop has problems with it, it compiled fine.
I also compiled nearly all other kde packages with the kdehiddenvisibility set. All went fine, until i reached kdepim.

kdepim always fails with this same error. Suspecting qt to be the problem i recompiled it without the risky useflag, and also set -fPIC manually in make.conf (CFLAGS).
Then i tried to recompile kdepim with -kdehiddenvisibility and -fPIC in CFLAGS in make.conf, but the error was the same.
I also tried to compile it with -crypt, but this gave the same result.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

For reference, here is the output of emerge --info
Code:

Portage 2.1_pre7-r4 (default-linux/amd64/2006.0, gcc-4.1.1-pre20060406, glibc-2.4-r2, 2.6.15-gentoo-r5 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.15-gentoo-r5 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Gentoo Base System version 1.6.14
dev-lang/python:     2.4.2
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.12
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.59-r7
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.91.0.6
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.11-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/kde/3/share/config /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/eselect/compiler /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo /etc/env.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/nxsty"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="7zip X a52 aac acpi alsa amarok amd amd64 amd64-multilib apache2 asf audiofile avi bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts bluetooth bootsplash bzip2 cdda cddb cdparanoia cdr cli cpudetection crypt ctype cups dba dbus dri dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds effects elibc_glibc emboss encode ethereal exif expat fam fastbuild fbcon fbsplash ffmpeg flac foomaticdb force-cgi-redirect fortran ftp gd gdbm gif glut gmp gpm gstreamer gtk2 hal icq idn ieee1394 imap imlib inkjar innodb ipv6 isdnlog jabber java javascript jpeg jpeg2k kde kdehiddenvisibility kdepim kernel_linux kipi lcms libvisual logitech-mouse lzw lzw-tiff memlimit mng mozilla mozsvg mp3 mpeg mpeg2 mplayer musicbrainz mysqli mythtv nas ncurses nls nodrm nosrc nptl nptlonly nsplugin nvidia ogg oggvorbis openal opengl oss pam pcre pdflib pear perl php pic plugin png posix pppd python qt quicktime rdesktop readline samba sdl session silvercity simplexml soap sockets spell spl sql sqlite3 ssl subversion svg tcltk tcpd theora tiff tokenizer truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev usb userland_GNU userlocales vcd videos visualization xcomposite xine xinerama xml xml2 xpm xrandr xscreensaver xsl xv xvid xvmc zeroconf zlib input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse input_devices_evdev video_cards_nv video_cards_nvidia"
Unset:  ASFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abhay wrote:
6D7474 wrote:

...but if we don't enable the risky flag on QT then wouldn't the visibility stuff be filtered by itself? :S
Sorry I am confused.

if i understand correctly the "risky" flag only enables QT to be compiled with visibility, the kde.eclass is what does all the kde visibility magic. you dont need qt to be compiled with risky to compile kde with visibility, all you need is that eclass.
FormerSlacker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maudib wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure this is qt-copy specific or qt-3.3.6 in general..(I am using qt-3.3.6 USE="cups gif mysql opengl pertty risky"

I'm trying to compile kde 3.5.2 but kicker fails with

Code:
./.libs/libkdeinit_kicker.so: undefined reference to `KickerLib::menuIconSet(QString const&)'

I skipped kicker and everything else compiled fine.
Portage 2.1_pre7-r3 (default-linux/x86/2005.1, gcc-4.0.3, glibc-2.4-r2, 26.16-nitro-git9 i686)

Any suggestions?

EDIT: solved..
seems to been caused by some LDFLAG.

How did you solve this, I'm having the same issue.
infirit
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FormerSlacker wrote:

Undefined errors are likely caused by LDFLAG --as-needed. Remove it from your make.conf to see if it compiles now.
FormerSlacker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infirit wrote:
FormerSlacker wrote:

Undefined errors are likely caused by LDFLAG --as-needed. Remove it from your make.conf to see if it compiles now.

My LDFLAGS varaible is unset. From emerge --info:

Code:
Unset:  ASFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, MAKEOPTS
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you using the kde.eclass? if so you might also be using the useflag kdeenablenewldflags of so try removing that disabling it in you make.conf
FormerSlacker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seren wrote:
are you using the kde.eclass? if so you might also be using the useflag kdeenablenewldflags of so try removing that disabling it in you make.conf

Thanks for your help, and everyone elses, but it seems to be some sort of portage issue as I really havent messed with anything. I just posted in this thread beacuse it's the only one that I found where a person had the same issue as myself.

In case anyone runs into this, as far as I can tell, kdebase compiles and links fine, but upon installation into the portage sandbox libtool would start relinking the libs. Libtool was using installed kdebase libs to link the libs instead of the new kdebase libs, and I guess the menuIconSet() method wasn't implemented in the older libaries. This may be beacuse my previous kdebase-3.5.1 was compiled without the xcompisite use flag, perhaps this is a xcomp specific method in kde.

Anyways, the solution was to remove the existing kdebase and then compile kdebase again, and instead of linking with the system kdebase, it links properly with the new version.

I suppose this is some sort of bug in the Makefile, libary linking precedence or something of the sort.

I'm not sure if I should bother reporting a bug, since it seems to be pretty rare.
gumbothenerd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Big problem Reply with quote

About the discussion regarding this:

./.libs/libkdeinit_kicker.so: undefined reference to `KickerLib::menuIconSet(QString const&)'

IMO, This problem is CRITICAL. I came across it and did 'correct' it as well, reading this thread (I also didn't have any LDFLAGS, and only had kde and kdeenablefinal in USE flags). Thank GOODNESS the code was changed enough that linking 3.5.2 against 3.5.1 caused an undefined reference. Otherwise I would have gone about my merry little way, thinking I was running 3.5.2 and all the while, running some 3.5.2 but retaining some 3.5.1 library linkage.

Every bug report I filed, every nonfunctional feature I came across, and every KDE software problem I had would have been salted with this wrongfully linked problem, and I never would have known it. I could have potentially wasted much of my own and developers' time. This would have been magnitudes worse than having the software bail out on installation.

I am beginning to wonder what ELSE on my system is running wrongfully linked....I'm really hoping this is merely a kde 3.5.1=>3.5.2 aberration... Unless the source of the problem is found.. I don't know if I can trust anything on my Gentoo system is actually the version it claims to be.

Is there any way at all to check my system for wrongfully linked libraries?????
Varuna
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Big problem Reply with quote

gumbothenerd wrote:
I am beginning to wonder what ELSE on my system is running wrongfully linked....I'm really hoping this is merely a kde 3.5.1=>3.5.2 aberration... Unless the source of the problem is found.. I don't know if I can trust anything on my Gentoo system is actually the version it claims to be.

Is there any way at all to check my system for wrongfully linked libraries?????
I haven't followed this specific issue, but general/generic ways to find broken linking:
  • emerge gentoolkit, then run "revdep-rebuild" which walks down dynamic linking dependencies and then remerges any packages needed to fix broken ones
  • try running "prelink" with appropriate flags
    • there is a guide in the documentation section of this web site, I use -afmR to prelink the entire system from scratch regardless of previous prelinking, drop the -f to just prelink anything that isn't already prelinked
    • broken linking often leads to prelink giving messages like "could not track down dependencies of file [libsomething.so.5]"
    • if the package owning such a file isn't clear from the name, another gentoolkit utility helps: "equery belongs [some file]"
FormerSlacker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm not sure whats going on, but almost every KDE package I'm upgrading, from 3.5.1 to 3.5.2, is displaying the same problems. It's necessary to remove it before installing it, or else it will fail trying to link to 3.5.1, and fail because of an unimplemented method, during installation to the portage sandbox.

Perhaps this is worthy of a bug report, unless my system is borked in some unusual way. :lol:

Edit:
gumbothenerd, AFAIK, If it is able to link, even with the old libs, it will still use the new ones when they are copied over to the live filesystem, as they overwrite the old ones. Problems only arise when the older libaries don't implement needed functions, and subsequently it cannot link to those libaries and will bork out.

That being said, this still doesn't seem like proper behaviour.
martin.k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: libkdeinit_kwin error Reply with quote

I'm using qt-3.3.6 from this overlay with immqt-bc and pertty flags set.
While switching active window (app) with ALT + TAB KDE-3.5.2 crashed with this error:

Code:
#6  0xb687bd2d in KWinInternal::Workspace::nextFocusChainClient ()
   from /usr/kde/3.5/lib/libkdeinit_kwin.so
#7  0xb687be98 in KWinInternal::TabBox::nextPrev ()
#8  0xb687bff0 in KWinInternal::Workspace::KDEWalkThroughWindows ()
#9  0xb687c1f1 in KWinInternal::Workspace::tabBoxKeyPress ()
#10 0xb68b6474 in KWinInternal::Workspace::workspaceEvent ()
#11 0xb68b6b9e in KWinInternal::Application::x11EventFilter ()
#12 0xb706f5a5 in qt_set_x11_event_filter () from /usr/qt/3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#13 0xbffbac10 in ?? ()
#14 0xb70751eb in QETWidget::translateKeyEventInternal ()
   from /usr/qt/3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
#15 0x080fd420 in ?? ()
#16 0x080ff700 in ?? ()
#17 0x00000000 in ?? ()

I've KDE compiled without risky and visibility stuff, modular xorg-x11-7.0-r1, and latest nvidia binary drivers
Here goes emerge --info
Code:
Gentoo Base System version 1.12.0_pre18
Portage 2.1_pre9-r4 (default-linux/x86/2005.1, gcc-3.4.5, glibc-2.3.6-r3, 2.6.16-ck6 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.16-ck6 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
dev-lang/python:     2.3.5-r2, 2.4.2-r1
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.11
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.59-r7
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1-r1, 2.16.1-r2
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.16
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -msse -mmmx -m3dnow -ftracer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/2/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/kde/3/share/config /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/eselect/compiler /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/env.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -pipe -msse -mmmx -m3dnow -fvisibility-inlines-hidden"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig ccache digest distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict userpriv usersandbox"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LANG="pl_PL"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common"
LINGUAS="pl en"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage /usr/local/xgl-coffee"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="x86 3dnow 3dnowext 7zip X a52 aac alsa apache2 apm arts artswrappersuid asf avi berkdb bitmap-fonts bzip2 cairo cli crypt cups dga directfb dri dts dvd eds emboss encode fbcon ffmpeg flac font-server foomaticdb fortran gd gdbm gif glitz gpm graphviz gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal imagemagick imlib ipv6 isdnlog javascript jpeg kde kdeenablefinal lcms libg++ libwww mad mikmod mmx motif mp3 mpeg musicbrainz mysql nas ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nvidia odbc ogg oggvorbis opengl oss pam pcre pdf pdflib perl png postgres povray pppd python qt quicktime readline reflection scaner sdl session spell spl sqlite sse ssl svg svga sysfs tcpd theora threads tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts urandom usb vcd vorbis win32codecs wmf xcomposite xine xml xml2 xorg xprint xscreensaver xv xvid xvmc zlib elibc_glibc input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse kernel_linux linguas_pl linguas_en userland_GNU video_cards_nv video_cards_nvidia video_cards_vesa video_cards_vga video_cards_fbdev video_cards_apm"
Unset:  ASFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL

LRU #299256
kmare
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,
a new version of fontconfig was released a few days ago. I was wondering if there will be an ebuild available for it as it fixes many bugs (for me especially a problem with wine).
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fontconfig/2006-April/002273.html

thanx
rhill
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto. :mrgreen:
jarealist
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to fontconfig-2.3.95:

Well, I used the 2.3.94 ebuild and the patches still apply and it compiled fine so I take that as a good sign and I'm going with it. :D
nxsty
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmare wrote:
hello,
a new version of fontconfig was released a few days ago. I was wondering if there will be an ebuild available for it as it fixes many bugs (for me especially a problem with wine).
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/fontconfig/2006-April/002273.html

thanx

I added a 2.3.95 ebuild but it's just the 2.3.94 ebuild renamed.
kmare
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx, everything works great again with 2.3.95...
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caleb bumped the in tree version today with some patches re-added.
http://packages.gentoo.org/ebuilds/?qt-3.3.6-r1
Quote:

Changes:
*qt-3.3.6-r1 (05 May 2006)

05 May 2006; Caleb Tennis (caleb)
+files/0044-qscrollview-windowactivate-fix.diff,
+files/0047-fix-kmenu-widget.diff,
+files/0048-qclipboard_hack_80072.patch, +qt-3.3.6-r1.ebuild:
Fix some patches that were dropped when moving to 3.3.6. This should make a
lot of people happy

roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roderick wrote:
Trolltech just announced Qt 3.3.6. Will this overlay be updated for 3.3.6?

Please and thanks :)

3.3.6-r1 is out in portage now.

Any chance we can get an updated 3.3.6-r1 ebuild for this overlay?

Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: