Installing Gentoo on a Toshiba M200 using a SD disk
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rianquinn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Installing Gentoo on a Toshiba M200 using a SD disk Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba M200, and would like to install Gentoo linux on the machine. It comes with all of Toshiba's stuff which really bogs down the machine. Here is the problem

The Tablet-PC doesn't come with a cd/dvd-rom.
Doesn't Support booting from a usb device (this includes flash sticks, and cd-roms.)
Only boots from:

Toshiba's $200 cd-rom
Toshiba's External Floopy device.
SD disk
Network.

So the cheapest way to load Gentoo would be the SD disk. And I know people have been doing it. However, I don't have a clue as to how to take the gentoo minimal cd iso, and get it onto the SD disk so that the computer will boot from it.

People talk about creating a floopy image, and storing it on the SD, that would allow you to boot from a usb cd-rom. They also talk about creating a floopy image os the iso itself.

However, I DO NOT understand how to creat a floppy image in windows that I can place on the SD disk. And the minimal cd is 54 mbs. And a floppy is 1.44 mbs. So how do you create a floppy image of something that is too big.

What I am looking for here is steps to create a floppy image to be able to boot from the usb-cdrom, or to be able to boot up the minimual gentoo cd.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: