View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaZli
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Firefox looks weird after downgrade. Reply with quote

Hi, the other day I wanted to test firefox 1.5, so i merged "mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.1"...

But since firefox 1.5 was not my cup of tea, I wanted to change back to "mozilla-firefox-1.0.7-r4".
(And another funny thing was that I couldn't drag and drop e-mails in sylpheed anymore)

So i merged "mozilla-firefox-1.0.7-r4", but it looks very funny, its like it doesn't have any gui.. or how to describe...

I cheked emerge.log and figured out that I also had upgraded glib, pango and gtk+. I restored my old version af gtk+, wich fixed the drag and drop problem in sylpheed, but did not solve my problem with firefox. After I had restored both pango och glib to it still looked the same, and it still does.. Any ideas?

Screenshot:
http://surl.se/pictures/20062/40224.png
Aries-Belgium
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's a theme problem ... Try to set firefox to the default theme.
DaZli
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isnot the easiest thing to do. In the themes-windows I cant se anything...

But when i started firefox from a terminal I got this:

Code:

dazli@Sandra / $ firefox
No running windows found
Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location. While you can run Firefox like this, it is recommended that you run it at least once with privileges that allow it to generate these initial files to improve start performance. Running from a disk image on MacOS X is not recommended.*** loading the extensions datasource
Extension System Warning: Failed to set up default extensions files probably because you do not have write privileges to this location. While you can run Firefox like this, it is recommended that you run it at least once with privileges that allow it to generate these initial files to improve start performance. Running from a disk image on MacOS X is not recommended.

And I checked the permissions of "/hom/dazli" and its subfolders.. But they are correct...

Edit:

Ran firefox as root a couple of times... There it looks fine...
And now when I start firefox as user I get this instead:
Code:

dazli@Sandra / $ firefox
No running windows found
*** loading the extensions datasource
*** getItemProperty failing for lack of an item. This means getResourceForItem                 failed to locate a resourc 
e for aItemID (item ID = /pub/netscape6/english/6.2.2/unix/linux22/plugins/jre131_02.xpi, property = installLocation)
*** nsExtensionManager::_finishOperations - failure, catching exception so finalize window can close [Exception... "Compo 
nent returned failure code: 0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH) [nsIFile.append]"  nsresult: "0x80520001 (NS_ERR 
OR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: g 
etDirInternal :: line 139"  data: no]
DaZli
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sorry to bother...

I gave up...

rm -rf ~/.mozilla

Thats solved everything.. Now I just have to reconfigure
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: