View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhiakath
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Console dumps to KDM Reply with quote

Hi there.
I've just finished installing (FINALLY!!!!!!! LET'S PARTY!!!!!) Gentoo on my desktop, switched the compiler to gcc 3.4.4, recompiled EVERYTHING (well, didn't have anything installed anyway, but it took a S**tload of hours anyway), installed kdebase and fluxbox. now, i was trying to see if it's possible upon entering kdm, to go to the console, like before (yeah, i know, after installing a graphic environment, i miss the text one.. strange...) .
I chose the Menu button on KDM, chose console login, and i can login, normally. After about 20 or 30 seconds, i get dumped back again to KDM!!!! if i choose console login again, I get right back where I was, no need to login again. any ideas as why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance.
widremann
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hit ctrl-alt-F1 to get to a console and don't bother using the KDM console login. That's the best solution. And the nice thing is that you can do it at any time, even when you are running KDE or Fluxbox.
Rhiakath
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh, well, yeah, it worked. Since you're there, how do I get back to KDE , now???
and besides, I'd really like that option to work, so is there any other reason as to why this is happening?
thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: