View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenixX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] KDE 3.5 compile error Reply with quote

Okay, when compiling the kdeartwork-3.5 package, I recieve the following error:

Code:

if test "$ret" = 0; then echo '#include "gravitycfg.moc"' >> gravitycfg.cpp; else rm -f gravitycfg.cpp ; exit $ret ; fi
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O3 -march=pentium-m -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -L/usr/kde/3.5/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/lib    -R /usr/kde/3.5/lib -R /usr/kde/3.5/lib -R /usr/qt/3/lib -R /usr/lib  -o kflux.kss  Flux.o -lkdeui -lkscreensaver -lGLU -lGL -lX11  -lm
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++  -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O3 -march=pentium-m -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common  -L/usr/kde/3.5/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/lib    -R /usr/kde/3.5/lib -R /usr/kde/3.5/lib -R /usr/qt/3/lib -R /usr/lib  -o keuphoria.kss  Euphoria.o -lkdeui -lkscreensaver -lGLU -lGL -lX11  -lm
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libGL.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[4]: *** [kflux.kss] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libGL.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[4]: *** [keuphoria.kss] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeartwork-3.5.1/work/kdeartwork-3.5.1/kscreensaver/kdesavers'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeartwork-3.5.1/work/kdeartwork-3.5.1/kscreensaver/kdesavers'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeartwork-3.5.1/work/kdeartwork-3.5.1/kscreensaver'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeartwork-3.5.1/work/kdeartwork-3.5.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdeartwork-3.5.1 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1894:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 941:   Called src_compile
  kdeartwork-3.5.1.ebuild, line 21:   Called kde_src_compile
  kde.eclass, line 104:   Called kde_src_compile 'compile'
  kde.eclass, line 221:   Called kde_src_compile 'all' 'myconf' 'configure'

!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

And that to me is totally weird. I have tried the following:

-redoing emerge --sync
-compiling xorg-x11 with opengl
-compiling everything with opengl
-re-merging libtool

And they don't seem to work. I asked a few people I know but they can't figure it out either. For reference, I am running the kernel 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 and I am running gcc-3.4.5 (which was updated correctly) and my make.conf is as follows:

Code:

CFLAGS="-O3 -march=pentium-m -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
USE="-gnome -gtk -arts kde qt alsa timidity ogg vorbis mp3 cdr dvd dvdr dvdread network pcmcia win32codecs"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://adelie.polymtl.ca http://cs.ubishops.ca"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"

Yes I realize these packages because of the Accept Keywords setting are unstable, but it merged successfully before and it is only this package and the kdebase-3.5.1 package. So I am totally baffled. Any suggestions to fix this are appreciated.

Last edited by phoenixX on Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
EzInKy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought...have you looked at libGL.la to see if it is a valid libtool archive? Here's the contents of mine:

Code:

# libGL.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.4 (1.920 2001/04/24 23:26:18)
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='libGL.so.1'

# Names of this library.
library_names='libGL.so.1.2 libGL.so.1 libGL.so'

# The name of the static archive.
old_library=''

# Libraries that this one depends upon.
dependency_libs=' -L/usr/lib -lSM -lICE -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lXi -lX11 -ldl -lpthread        '

# Version information for libGL.
current=3
age=2
revision=0

# Is this an already installed library?
installed=yes

# Files to dlopen/dlpreopen
dlopen=''
dlpreopen=''

# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir=/usr/lib64/opengl/ati/lib

phoenixX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked mine and it was blank so I copied urs into mine and it compiled fine. Thanks a lot XD
jeremydc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: I had same problem Reply with quote

I had the same problem, are you also using ati's binary drivers? When i switch opengl to ATI opengl (eselect opengl set ati or opengl-update ati) that file empty, but if i switch back to xorg-x11 opengl its fine. I traced the file back to /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/ where the opengl files are kept. It looks as though ati-drivers isn't installing a correct file. Make sure you fix that file or if you ever switch the problem you having now will return. There is open bug on the problem also. according to the bug you can switch opengl to xorg-x11 for the compile, but there are issues with dri if you don't have the correct file.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: