View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blixel
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: A couple of questions for Blackbox users Reply with quote

I've been using OpenBox 3 for quite a while. I've had Blackbox on my system as well, but I've leaned towards OB3.

I manually downloaded, compiled, and installed BB 0.70.1 (since it's not in portage). And after a minor amount of customization, I really like what I'm seeing. I just have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

1.) When you use the mouse wheel on the root window to change Desktops, is there a way to reverse the order? I have used the scroll down mousewheel button to go to the "next" Desktop for so long that I don't think I could ever get use to it being the other way. And it seems backwards to me anyway. At least based on the way my pager is setup. My pager is in the far right with Desktop 1 on top, Desktop 2 below that, Desktop 3 below that, and so on... So scrolling down to change to the "next" Desktop seems quite natural to me.

2.) When you right click on the title bar of a window, it brings up the context menu. When you middle click, it lowers the window. That is backwards for me. I rarely use the context menu, so I would rather map that to the middle mouse button. And I want the right click to lower the window - which I do all the time .. and the right click is much more accessible.

That's it I think. If I can figure out those two things, BB will be a perfectly acceptable replacement for OB I believe.
bbox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We discussed the direction of wheel scrolling on the bb mailing list. The programmer decided to do it the way it is and there is no solution to reverse that order. BTW it's annoying me too...

You can lower the window by scrolling the mouse wheel. Dunnow if it's with your version, mine (0.70.1+CVS) does it that way

All I can say is get used to it. These behaviors are defined in the code itself and will not be changed.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: