red-blue/aalib quake2
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edward_scott
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: red-blue/aalib quake2 Reply with quote

is anyone here familiar with the red-blue and aalib versions of quake2? I have some questions in regards to both...

first, in aalib quake2 the arrow keys don't do anything. this is not a problem when playing the game since I always bind WASD to the movement directions, but it does mean I cannot traverse the menus at all. is there any way to stop this? (btw I am not using the aaquake2 in portage, I am simply running sdlquake2 +set vid_ref softaa... I have tried the portage one and the same problem occurs, however.)

the red-blue quake2 doesn't seem to have the same graphics driver options as the regular quake2. for regular quake2 I use the sdl openGL driver. this is not an option for red-blue quake2, however, and I always get the following kind of output when I try to switch to any kind of driver other than the software driver:
Code:
------- Loading ref_glx.so -------
LoadLibrary("ref_glx.so") failed: No such file or directory
------- Loading ref_soft.so -------
LoadLibrary("ref_soft.so") failed: No such file or directory
Refresh failed
==== ShutdownGame ====
Couldn't write config.cfg.
recursive shutdown
Error: Couldn't fall back to software refresh!

does anyone know how I might use hardware acceleration in red-blue quake2? either using sdl openGl or some other driver? (I have an nvidia geforce 6600)

also, is the a list of all the command line options for quake2 available somewhere? /usr/share/doc/quake2-icculus-0.16.1/README.gz mentions some of the commonly used ones, but not all.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: