Audacious and ALSA
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mais
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Audacious and ALSA Reply with quote

Hi all, after days of hard work I finally got everything going on my first working Gentoo system. I've learned a lot to be sure, however there are a few things I still don't understand, and that is how the 32-bit codec emulation works. I got mPlayer working great thanks to the HOW-TO on the wiki, but I would prefer to use it only for movies.

Anyway, my mp3 player of choice is Audacious but I have been having some trouble with it. It may just be the way I have also setup in the kernel, as I wasn't really sure what I was doing there. Running Audacious in the console I get the following error when trying to play an .mp3 file:

Code:
ALSA lib confmisc.c:672:(snd_func_card_driver) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:3493:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:3493:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1072:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:3493:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such device
ALSA lib conf.c:3962:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such device
ALSA lib pcm.c:2099:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default

My sound card is a SB Audigy 2 ZS. Currently the colume manager for gnome doesn't recognize it either, but everything seems to use it just fine (Such as GAIM and mPlayer EDIT: I just noticed mPlayer is using OSS as an output. I have OSS installed in the kernel only as a subset of ALSA, not the deprecated OSS itself). Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time

EDIT 2: Ok, I got it to work by remerging it with the oss USE flag. However, I would still like to get ALSA working! If anyone can help with that, thank you![/b]
01mf02
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably have a messed-up ~/.asoundrc or /etc/asound.conf. Try moving those files and then try ALSA output.

Besides, if you want to try ALSA with mplayer, you can use "mplayer -ao alsa".
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: