Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Java/JINI differences when upgraded to new kernel in gentoo.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chostrander
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Java/JINI differences when upgraded to new kernel in gentoo. Reply with quote

I am a java/JINI developer at my company. I recently (yesterday) upgraded my kernel from 2.4.20-r1 to 2.4.20-r2. When I compiled 'r1' I saved my kernel config to a file called kernel-config in my /root directory. When I compiled 'r2' I used that same config file. I did a 'make dep', make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install, and make install running grub as bootloader. The system came up fine and all was working well except for my JINI environment... ! I keep getting 'network bind - address in use' errors! (this is just a synapse of the errors as java overoutputs error information)

Should I be seeing this? 'r1' works perfect, 'r2' doesn't!! I am under the impression that going from 'r1' to 'r2' just means bug fixes and that I should be able to use the same kernel .config file....

Any suggestions?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: