View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azlekayn
n00b
n00b

Location: behind you,or in your closet,depends who you are X3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Hl2? t -t Reply with quote

ok..well,now you can all tell me what i've done wrong ^_ ^

ok,i've got steam and HL2 and all that installed and updated fine,but,once i actually launch the game,i get to the loading screen....but no further...now...on the Steam site,it -does- mention something similar....only...well..it's under windows x. O

"For those using Firewall software, you need to manually re-add C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2\hl2.exe to your exceptions list. Once the game exe has been updated on your Firewall you should no longer lock up at the Loading screen."

so how -exactly- would i do that in KDE? or...is it even that problem?,me?,i don't know....help me out please x. x
Beryl SVN
avieth
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not the problem, you arn't running a firewall, are you?

BTW: You've got cedega 5 goin for free... How? Just thought I'd ask you again :wink:
devilbush
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi azlekayn,

Have you resolved your problem? If so, could you post what you did? I'm experiencing the same exact issues when I launch hl2 from the steam interface: Loading screen comes up, looks great (for a loading screen), then nuthin'. My system remains fully reponsive (which is surprising, considering I'm using ATI drivers, ahem) but I can't kill the game without ctrl-alt-F1 and a handful of kills. I can, however, cycle through resolutions using ctrl-alt-+ which, when done in rapid succession, almost feels like you are playing. :roll:

I've been searching the forums for the past short while and the only thing I've learned is that there are far too many variations of half-life, halflife, hl2, hl, halflife2, etc for a decent search result. ;)

Back to the search page I go, whoo hoo. If anyone has a direct link to a solution for this problem and posts it, I'll be in their debt forever (or at least until I get sucked back into hl2 and forget all about the outside world). :D

Thanks!

db
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: