View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thardy01
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: gnome, gdm, libXrandor, and xfree Reply with quote

Ok folks I had xfree 4.3 installed and had gnome up and working, but after several weeks of trying, I couldnt get dri to work. So I unemerged Xfree 4.3 and emerged xfree 4.2.1-r2. I then installed the ati drivers and started X. Wow yay wohoo everything worked great glxgears showed 5000~ fps. So I close X and try to start gdm..........Well gdm said it had failed dependencys it needed libXrandor.so.2. So I figured Id re emerge gdm, nogo gdm needs libXrandor.so.2 to compile at this point after the battle with XFree 4.3 I figured I might as well unmerge and remerge the whole gnome. Well I cant do that because it stops at the first ebuild librsvg. Guess what it needs to build.....................libXrandor.so.2. Ok I try a little google'ing not much out there so I search the forums and find that libXrandor.so.2 is something that xfree 4.3 installs but not 4.2 Could someone tell me what my next step should be please.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: