Bus Mouse
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rab22585
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Bus Mouse Reply with quote

Hello.... I believe I posted before on installing Gentoo here(I was thinking about it)...Well I've decided to give it a try, I'm going to get the newest version from my friend (he has broadband I don't) and just use all there stages from the CD (no downloading off the internet right?). Well anyways, I have a usb mouse, will there be any problem setting that up? I know how to set up a PS/2 one, but I've never set up a usb. Is it ran through /etc/x11/XFree86 ?

-Rick
dwerg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Usb mouse is not a bus mouse. A bus mouse is one of those old mouses with a DIN plug.

X can handle Usb mouses.
CL
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a USB mouse will do just fine ... just make sure you include the USB stuff as modules when you compile the kernel.

Quote:
Well I've decided to give it a try, I'm going to get the newest version from my friend (he has broadband I don't) and just use all there stages from the CD (no downloading off the internet right?).

That's not quite right ... even if you install stage 3 then you'll still have to update quite a few packages from the internet. And then once you're done with the base system then I assume you'll want to install X and KDE/Gnome/... That requires that you download quite a few megs of stuff (or you could have your friend download the sources for those things and burn them to a CD and then copy it to your system).
Rab22585
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Okay Reply with quote

Well I already have GNOME 2.2.1 source. I'm really not going to use KDE at all, I might get the libs so that I can use Qt stuff also however. If I cannot get the newest Gentoo to work I'll probably either run RH 9 or MDL 9.1...

Thanks,
-Rick
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: