View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
super-lupo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: suspend2 hangs when resuming Reply with quote

tagwar wrote:
Hi,

so since the switch to the new suspend2 my laptop hangs when resuming. Has anyone had the same problems?

Same here on ppc. But suspend to ram still works. Think we have to wait for next git version.

Regards,
Lupo

ppc troublemaker No.1
|cub|
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on qc-usb-messenger-0.8 under 2.6.16-beyond-git12. In nitro 2.6.15-nitro2 it was ok

Code:

gcc -m32 -Wp,-MD,/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/.qc-memory.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.5/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude  -include include/linux/autoconf.h -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -ffreestanding -O2     -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -msoft-float -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-unit-at-a-time -march=i686 -mtune=pentium4 -Iinclude/asm-i386/mach-default -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DNOKERNEL   -DMODULE -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(qc_memory)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(quickcam)" -c -o /var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/.tmp_qc-memory.o /var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/qc-memory.c
/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/qc-driver.c:3382: error: unknown field `owner' specified in initializer
/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/qc-driver.c:3382: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/qc-driver.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.16-beyond-dev'
make: *** [quickcam.ko] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-video/qc-usb-messenger-0.8 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1525:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 928:   Called src_compile
  qc-usb-messenger-0.8.ebuild, line 21:   Called die

!!! (no error message)
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

|cub| wrote:
on qc-usb-messenger-0.8 under 2.6.16-beyond-git12. In nitro 2.6.15-nitro2 it was ok

Code:

gcc -m32 -Wp,-MD,/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/.qc-memory.o.d  -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.5/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude  -include include/linux/autoconf.h -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -ffreestanding -O2     -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -msoft-float -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -fno-unit-at-a-time -march=i686 -mtune=pentium4 -Iinclude/asm-i386/mach-default -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DNOKERNEL   -DMODULE -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(qc_memory)"  -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(quickcam)" -c -o /var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/.tmp_qc-memory.o /var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/qc-memory.c
/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/qc-driver.c:3382: error: unknown field `owner' specified in initializer
/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/qc-driver.c:3382: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/qc-driver.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/qc-usb-messenger-0.8/work/qc-usb-messenger-0.8] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.16-beyond-dev'
make: *** [quickcam.ko] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-video/qc-usb-messenger-0.8 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1525:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 928:   Called src_compile
  qc-usb-messenger-0.8.ebuild, line 21:   Called die

!!! (no error message)
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

The module is using a deprecated kernel interface, the owner field in module api got removed before 2.6.15 afaik.
Please post a bugreport upstream (to the devs of the module that is ;))

For everyone else: I'm quite out of time lately, so i'll only periodically read the thread, will try to push the patches in my queue into stable at the end of the week. Then we'll probably switch -dev tree to 2.6.17-rc*.

Thanks,

T
eNTi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beyond sources run fine on my asus a6km, but i'd have a feature request. as tradition has it, the ac97 sound chip causes all kinds of headaches and my notebook sound is just that: nonexistent. now there's a patch. could you include that one in beyond, plz?

-- John Sheridan - Babylon 5, Season 4
sedorox
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eNTi wrote:
beyond sources run fine on my asus a6km, but i'd have a feature request. as tradition has it, the ac97 sound chip causes all kinds of headaches and my notebook sound is just that: nonexistent. now there's a patch. could you include that one in beyond, plz?

Thats weird.. which chip do you have? I have a AC97 (00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)) and I don't have a problem with it at all. Works perfectly fine with xmmx, mplayer, etc...
a7thson
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thats weird.. which chip do you have? I have a AC97 (00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)) and I don't have a problem with it at all. Works perfectly fine with xmmx, mplayer, etc...

Curious...
I've got a Dell Inspiron 9300 also with AC97, or technically:
Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW ( 6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

And have had no issues whatsoever with alsa under: xmms, mplayer, xine, or even xmms2 (in zugaina overlay), all using ALSA.
ALSA under my system configuration seems to work flawlessly in fact.

In other news, I built shfs support under git9 but have not gotten it to build under git12, sys-fs/fuse failed under both, and unionfs refuses to compile under the unrecognized kernel (I have not tried patching the ebuild [simple makefile modification is required to make it attempt the build]) but will give that a try. IEEE1394 support did not change in git12 versus git9 and I still get the same error from spb2 as I posted previously. Splashutil overlay works, and everything standard save the firewire seems to be working fine.
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a7thson: unionfs is included in beyond ;)
eNTi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedorox wrote:
eNTi wrote:

there's different versions of that chip.

a7thson
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a7thson: unionfs is included in beyond ;)

Tiger: The built-in support worked just fine, thanks; my apologies for not giving the complete story. I had emerged ~x86 1.1.4-r1 unionfs under gentoo-sources with success and wanted to compile the module on top of beyond-dev-sources kernel (which it didn't like). The corrected version would be: "sys-fs/unionfs-1.1.4-r1 refuses to compile under this kernel". What version of unionfs driver does the dev kernel include? Maybe there is no reason to patch the ebuild and try this.

Quote:

Indeed. So far we know that alsa seems to work without issues on 2 systems with these chipsets:
    Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02))
    Intel Corp. 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW ( 6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

sedorox
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eNTi wrote:

How about you post which one you have, lspci as root, this way we can see exactly which model you have.
eNTi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedorox wrote:
eNTi wrote:

How about you post which one you have, lspci as root, this way we can see exactly which model you have.

Code:
00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound Controller (rev a0)
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 1103
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
        I/O ports at e400 [size=256]
        I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
        Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2

it's not written anywhere, but it's a intel8x0 chip, which again is an ac97.

sonicbhoc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I try to emerge beyond-dev-sources, it says "sys-apps/coldplug is blocking sys-fs/udev-090." What do I do to fix this?
fr3akX
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked nitro and this is good too :D thnx :)
sedorox
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eNTi wrote:

Code:
00:02.7 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound Controller (rev a0)
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 1103
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
        I/O ports at e400 [size=256]
        I/O ports at e000 [size=128]
        Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2

it's not written anywhere, but it's a intel8x0 chip, which again is an ac97.

For kicks... can you try adding in the snd-ali5451 module, or build it in (found as the third listing under PCI devices, under alsa sound, called: ALi M5451 PCI Audio Controller )
Apparently this is a AC97 driver too, but a older one (it seems):

Code:

Say Y here to include support for the integrated AC97 sound                                                                                                                                     
   device on motherboards using the ALi M5451 Audio Controller                                                                                                                                     
   (M1535/M1535D/M1535+/M1535D+ south bridges).  Newer chipsets                                                                                                                                   
   use the "Intel/SiS/nVidia/AMD/ALi AC97 Controller" driver.         

Its worth a shot at least...
sonicbhoc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonicbhoc wrote:
when I try to emerge beyond-dev-sources, it says "sys-apps/coldplug is blocking sys-fs/udev-090." What do I do to fix this?

oops, read it wrong, I thought that coldplug was a dependency.
eNTi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sedorox wrote:

For kicks... can you try adding in the snd-ali5451 module, or build it in (found as the third listing under PCI devices, under alsa sound, called: ALi M5451 PCI Audio Controller )
Apparently this is a AC97 driver too, but a older one (it seems):

Code:

Say Y here to include support for the integrated AC97 sound                                                                                                                                     
   device on motherboards using the ALi M5451 Audio Controller                                                                                                                                     
   (M1535/M1535D/M1535+/M1535D+ south bridges).  Newer chipsets                                                                                                                                   
   use the "Intel/SiS/nVidia/AMD/ALi AC97 Controller" driver.         

Its worth a shot at least...

i honestly don't know what this should accomplish. i think the guys at alsa-bugs know what they do, if they post a patch. if anything, the sound chip on my notebook should be younger, not older.

|cub|
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger683 wrote:

The module is using a deprecated kernel interface, the owner field in module api got removed before 2.6.15 afaik.
Please post a bugreport upstream (to the devs of the module that is ;))

For everyone else: I'm quite out of time lately, so i'll only periodically read the thread, will try to push the patches in my queue into stable at the end of the week. Then we'll probably switch -dev tree to 2.6.17-rc*.

Thanks,

T

Thanks, its my fault...
updating to qc-usb-messenger-1.2 solved the problem
sedorox
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eNTi wrote:

i honestly don't know what this should accomplish. i think the guys at alsa-bugs know what they do, if they post a patch. if anything, the sound chip on my notebook should be younger, not older.

I figured it was worth a try... different trouble shooting techniques, normally you want to try other things before one says 'this is the _only_ way this is going to work' So, was just a idea. IT may be that you do need the patch, but of course, the patch may be included in 2.6.17-RC vanilla which apparently -dev is going to be moving to soon.
sonicbhoc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vesafb-tng turns the screen completely black uppon activation. I've tested this, because my screen only goes black if vesafb is on. I changed the default settings to "1024x768@70" in my kernel and "1024x768-24@70" in the command line. What's up with it?
a7thson
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
vesafb-tng turns the screen completely black uppon activation. I've tested this, because my screen only goes black if vesafb is on. I changed the default settings to "1024x768@70" in my kernel and "1024x768-24@70" in the command line. What's up with it?

Same issue (on ATI Radeon Mobility X300) for me, I was not able to get vesafb-tng to work after many trials with varying resolutions. the older vesafb however works without issue for me.

I see there is a patch related to vesafb-tng listed in changelog for 2.6.16-beyond3:
"The updates contained: vesafb-tng & fbsplash: updated to proper 2.6.16 patch" on the beyond home http://iphitus.loudas.com/
which I would assume might remedy this issue and will be incorporated to dev-sources in due time, and/or is already upstream in 2.6.17.
eNTi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiger, could you please update the PKGBUILD/files for aur?

Ninpo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anything for 2.6.17 coming anytime soon?
aenertia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Updating Reply with quote

N00b question...

but does simply 'emerge beyond-dev-sources'

automagically grab the latest GIT updates and apply them to the tree?

If not how do I update the git snapshots?

(where do I run cg-update origin ?)
Tiger683
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.6.17 tree coming soon Reply with quote

aenertia wrote:
N00b question...

but does simply 'emerge beyond-dev-sources'

automagically grab the latest GIT updates and apply them to the tree?

Yes, but the is nothing to update with yet.

As for 2.6.17, i've been testing candidate for the first 2.6.17 commit since 2 days now.
Some minor features are still missing, but i'll add them once the thing is up,
i am still lifeless work-wise and it will probably remain this way, that's where the lag comes from :P

Git commit and creating/uploading new seed tarball can take some 24 hours 'cause of my spare time ratio.

T
Grilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I am new to the overlay and have followed the tutorial but i keep getting an error when i try to emerge the Beyond-dev-sources. this is it.
Code:

Sloop overlays # ebuild /usr/portage/sys-kernel/beyond-dev-sources/beyond-dev-sources-2.6.16.ebuild digest
Appending /usr/portage to PORTDIR_OVERLAY...

!!! ERROR: sys-kernel/beyond-dev-sources-2.6.16 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1439:   Called source '/usr/portage/sys-kernel/beyond-dev-sources/beyond-dev-sources-2.6.16.ebuild'
  beyond-dev-sources-2.6.16.ebuild, line 22:   Called inherit 'kernel-2' 'cogito'
  ebuild.sh, line 1174:   Called die

!!! cogito.eclass could not be found by inherit()

aux_get(): (0) Error in sys-kernel/beyond-dev-sources-2.6.16 ebuild. (1)
               Check for syntax error or corruption in the ebuild. (--debug)

i have run git init-db and cg-add the cogit.eclass from this thread but it still gives me this error.

any help would be greatly appriciated.

Grilo[/code]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: