View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nahpets
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: KDE frozen keyboard question Reply with quote

I have this recurring problem where my keyboard gets frozen in KDE and the only remedy is to log out of KDE and then log back in. The last time this happend to me, I tried using the 'kbd_mode' command to see if I could get a clue as to what was going on.

When I used the 'kbd_mode -a' command to change the keyboard more from RAW to ASCII, I started seeing a single character being displayed in the terminal. When I would press a key on the keyboard, the character would change, but it would keep repeating in the terminal. So from what I can tell, KDE/X thinks my keyboard is stuck with a key being pressed.

Logging out of KDE probably kills the process that's stuck and messing up my keyboard... does anyone know which process that could be? If I could find and kill it, maybe I wouldn't have to log out/in anymore.
Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.
wbecker
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this exact problem and it really annoys me. Is there a solution?
nahpets
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to find one... I *know* it's a KDE problem because it doesn't happen when I use XFCE. I just can't figure out which process has to be killed in order to free up the keyboard. I'm hoping someone out there can help.
Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: