firefox upgrade to 1.5, can't see text when doing firefox -p
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaspal kallar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: firefox upgrade to 1.5, can't see text when doing firefox -p Reply with quote

I did emerge sync and then emerge -uD world it upgraded to firefox 1.5.0.2

First it would not start. So I renamed .mozilla dir to something else. Then I started firefox and I got a window asking if I want to import
bookmarks (for example from opera). However the problem is that I can't see the text on the buttons. I had similar problem when I did "firefox -p". Furthermore, clicking blindly on the buttons with no text does nothing.

Anyway pointers on what to do?

/Jaspal.

Edit:
I suggest perhaps one could quickpkg mozilla-firefox before the upgrade to 1.5. I've done that now after emerging mozilla-firefox-1.0.7-r4 again.
orionrobots
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be a profile problem?

To test this, create a dummy user on your box, and then enter your display manager as that user, or pull up a shell and su to them (presuming your user is in the wheel group). Then run firefox from there. You might have to do an xhost +localhost first.

If it is displayed fine, then you may want to blitz any extensions you had, save off your bookmarks and other prefs and try again. I have seen things like that once or twice, and it was down to extensions which were not actually compatible with the upgrade.

Danny
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: